P2WG Learning Blog
Please remind your child to bring their book and reading record to school every day as we do reading activities linked to their books throughout the week. We will not hand out new reading books if their previous one has not been returned. New books go out on Monday and Tuesdays.
Please do not be worried if your child moves/changes reading groups – reading groups are fluid and your child may move in order to support their individual learning needs.
- We have been doing reading in class focusing on sounding out, decoding tricky words and reading with increased fluency and expression
- We have been learning about syllables and identifying words with different syllables in our reading books
- Practising spelling block 1/2/3 tricky words using ‘Talking Tubs’
- We read Aaaarrrggghhh Spider in class this week and created pictures and wonderful sentences about what we would do if we had a pet spider.
- We have been learning to write super sentences using our sentences correctly using our Polishing Pencil
- We have been working on our handwriting and learning to use correct formation
- We wrote super spooky sentences linked to Halloween
- Continuing to focus on our number bonds to 10/20 and beyond
- Continuing to investigate and create repeating patterns, including shape patterns
- Completing addition sums using a timer to see how quick our recall of number facts is
- Developing fine motor control through a range of activities to promote pencil control – we particularly enjoyed the hammer and pumpkin station
- Building resilience in school and talking about what we are grateful for
- Learning about continents and where they are found
- Learning about habitats and what types of animals live in different climates around the world
- We have been learning about penguins and lions this week with Mrs Crosses class and shared our learning to each other
The children really enjoyed sharing their learning with you this morning, thank you for joining us and have a lovely weekend!