We have discussed book talks in class and the importance of speaking in front of a group as a skill. The children identified that they used this skill during their assembly and at various other times last year. We would like to give them the opportunity to develop this skill individually.
Please could parents and families help the children prepare a short talk about their favourite book. We will start listening to talks during the week commencing 11 November.
Talks should include the following:
- The title and author of your chosen book
- The name of the main character or characters
- A short summary of the story
- The reason why it is your favourite book
- How many stars you have decided to give the book out of a possible five
At home, practise speaking in a voice that will be loud enough for your audience to hear.
If you have a copy of your chosen book, it would be lovely if you were able to bring it with you for your audience to see when you give your talk.