P2WG Learning Blog
Please remind your child to bring their book and reading record to school every day as we do reading activities linked to their books throughout the week. We will not hand out new reading books if their previous one has not been returned. New books go out on Monday and Tuesdays.
Please do not be worried if your child moves/changes reading groups – reading groups are fluid and your child may move in order to support their individual learning needs.
The children are always very enthusiastic about wanting to share their achievements, learning and experiences that happen in and out with school. We will be allocating time on a Monday and Wednesday to allow them the opportunity to do this.
- We have been reading in class and completing a variety of reading activities/strategies to support our understanding and fluency
- We have been writing about our favourite characters from books
- We have been focusing on the ‘oi’ and ‘oy’ sound this week
- We have been continuing to learn about syllables
- Practising spelling block 1/2/3 tricky words using ‘Talking Tubs’
- We read Aaaarrrggghhh Spider again this week and completed a book review on it
- We have been learning to write super sentences using our sentences correctly using our Polishing Pencil
- We have been working on our handwriting and learning to use correct formation
- We have been learning to subitise and discuss dot and number patterns
- We have been learning about months of the year
- Completing addition sums using a timer to see how quick our recall of number facts is
- Developing fine motor control through a range of activities to promote pencil control
- Discussing and how to be kind to others
- Building resilience in school and talking about what we are grateful for
- Learning about continents and where they are found
- Learning about habitats and what types of animals live in different climates around the world
- We have been learning about giraffes and bears this week with Mrs Crosses class and shared our learning to each other