It has been a busy week in Primary 5 this week!
In Literacy this week…
In Reading we started our new group books. We also analysed a music video. We were to answer questions to show our understanding.
Our rule this week in Spelling was “tion” to sound like “shun” SPELLING P5 WEEK 10 1
We use the Edinburgh Sound Chart to sound out the words. This shows us that there are different ways to say the same sound.
Activities to do at home –
- See spelling document
- Make notes for a programme you watch (think of the mindmaps we were making.
In Maths and Numeracy…
Things to do at home:
- Randomly ask the time – say it in 2 different ways
- Try to find the area using our formula (Area = Length x Breadth) for things around the house.
Other Areas of the Curriculum
- We started practising our assembly! You are in for treat next Friday!
- In P.E. we looked at volleyball rules. We are learning new skills.