P2WG Learning Blog
Please remind your child to bring their book and reading record to school every day as we do reading activities linked to their books throughout the week. We will not hand out new reading books if their previous one has not been returned. New books go out on Monday and Tuesdays.
Please do not be worried if your child moves/changes reading groups – reading groups are fluid and your child may move in order to support their individual learning needs.
The children are always very enthusiastic about wanting to share their achievements, learning and experiences that happen in and out with school. We will be allocating time on a Monday and Wednesday to allow them the opportunity to do this.
- We have been doing reading in class
- We have been writing sentences and illustrating our favourite part of our reading books
- We have been practising out hand writing and learning to form the letters b, c and d correctly
- We have been focusing on the ‘ou’ (loud) and ‘ow’ (owl) sound this week
- We have been learning to write super sentences using our knowledge of capital letters and full stops
- We have been continuing to learn about syllables to support our decoding of words and reading fluency
- Practising spelling block 1/2/3 tricky words
- We have been learning to skip count, focusing on 2s, 5s and 10s
- We have been practising our knowledge of missing numbers up to 100 using number lines and 100 squares
- We have been learning about time, days of the week and months of the year
- Completing addition sums using a timer to see how quickly we can our recall our number facts
- Developing fine motor control through a range of activities to promote pencil control
- Discussing and how to be kind to others using the ‘Have You Filled a Bucket Today’ story as a stimulus
- We have created information sheets and drawings of Giraffes and Penguins
- We have started practising our Christmas songs for our performances in December
The children really enjoyed dressing up and taking part in raising money for Children in Need.
Have a lovely weekend!