Thank you for all your support for Children in Need
Independent learning and skills development
- We wrote a report about our weekend.
- We have been reading in class and completing a variety of reading activities/strategies to support our understanding and fluency
- Developing our vocabulary and talking and listening skills as we interact, discover and play.
- We have been focusing on the ‘ou’ and ‘ow’ sounds
- Practising spelling block 1/2/3/4 tricky words using speedy spelling activities
- We have been learning to construct sentences using our sentence hunt activity
- We have been working on our handwriting and learning to use correct formation, both cursive and non cursive
- We have been learning how to choose appropriate describing words
Numeracy and mathematics
- We practised counting in 2s all the way up to, and back from 100, recognising the patterns that this creates on a number square.
- We practised adding, remembering to use a ‘counting on’ strategy.
- We practised reciting the months of the year in order, and telling which month comes before/ after
- One serving the detail and structure of a fallen leaf and drawing what see
- meeting in our whole school learning teams
- Developing fine motor control through a range of activities to promote pencil control
- Discussing how to be kind to others
- Building resilience in school and talking about what we are grateful for
- Learning about continents and where they are found
- Learning about habitats and what types of animals live in different climates around the world
- We completed a task demonstrating our understanding of the animals about which we have been learning
Things to to do at home
practise counting in 2s
start at zero, roll a dice and write the sum you have made – 0+3=3. The next sum starts from where you end, continue as far as you can ( 3+5=8, 8+6=14, 14+2= 16) Can you reach 100?
climb a tree
have a bug hunt in the garden
practise saying the months of the year in order
write the months of pieces of paper, mix them up, then see how quickly you can order them correctly