P2WG Learning Blog
Please remind your child to bring their book and reading record to school every day as we do reading activities linked to their books throughout the week. We will not hand out new reading books if their previous one has not been returned. New books go out on Monday and Tuesdays.
Please do not be worried if your child moves/changes reading groups – reading groups are fluid and your child may move in order to support their individual learning needs.
The children are always very enthusiastic about wanting to share their achievements, learning and experiences that happen in and out with school. We will be allocating time on a Monday and Wednesday to allow them the opportunity to do this.
- We have been doing reading in class and learning to identify the settings in our stories
- We have been writing sentences and illustrating our favourite characters from our reading books
- We have been practising out hand writing and learning to form the letters c and d correctly
- We have been focusing on the ‘aw’ (paw) and ‘au’ (launch) sound this week
- We have been learning to write super sentences using our knowledge of capital letters and full stops
- Practising spelling block 1/2/3 tricky words
- We have been learning to skip count, focusing on 2s, 5s and 10s
- We have been practising adding using different strategies e.g. number lines, number bonds, holding numbers in our heads and counting on
- We have been learning about time with a focus on months and seasons
- Completing addition sums using a timer to see how quickly we can recall our number facts
- Developing fine motor control through a range of activities to promote pencil control
- We have been learning to use balance, co-ordination and fine motor control skills using balls
- Discussing and how to be kind to others using the ‘Have You Filled a Bucket Today’ story as a stimulus
- We have created beautiful, detailed black pen leaf drawings
- We have started practising our Christmas songs for our performances in December
- We have been learning through play