What a fantastic week we had performing our Wriggly Nativity! We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did performing it. Th echildren did a fantastic job as we had very little time to put it together with all the characters at the same time due to illness.
We have been learning:
- We have been workin on reviewing all the sounds and tricky words that we have learned this term. We have contniue to work on bleanding sounds and reading.
- We have started to write some letters to Santa.
Please remember that tricky words cannot be sounded out and we need to learn them by heart.
Home learning ideas:
- Reading: Continue to work on the single sounds, making words and learning all the tricky words.This should be for a maximum of 10 minutes per day.
- See below a PDF with all the tricky words. You could print them and play snap with the tricky words, do a competition to see who can read more words faster.
- Block 1 pdf
- We have used this game in class:
- Reading book: We are not sending reading books home this week and next week. Please keep reading with your child for enjoyment!
- If your child is enjoying writing please don’t stop them to correct the letter formation as this will stop the flow and could put him/her off from writing (letters, stories, cards, etc). After he/she has finished you can remind them the formation if you wish.
Numeracy and Maths
- We have continued to learn to recognise the mathematical signs for subtraction such as the minus/take away and equal signs and have been encouraging the use of this language during our matching learning activities.
- We have worked on gaining confidence when subtracting numbers.
- We have continued to work on number bonds to ten while taking away and adding.
- We had a special focus on number formation (0 to 10). Please continue to reinforce this at home.
- We have reviewed addition.
- When adding and subtracting we use different strategies: number lines, ten frames,fingers, items, etc.
Home learning ideas:
- Please continue to look at and discuss numbers in the environment with your child. On buses, cookers, door numbers etc. This will help us with our number recognition as we continue with our numeracy work. Our aim is to be confident at least on numbers up to 30 by the and of the year (more for some).
- We have used this website:
As we have mentioned before our special focus this week has been on Expressive Arts with the permormance of our Nativity. All children were fantastic!
- Next week we will be sending home P.E kits, indoor shoes and everything from the children’s trays.
- Our Christmas party is Tuesday PM.
Remember next Friday school finishes at 12.00 pm
Have a wonderful weekend!
Mrs de Bonrostro