P1/2 Learning Ladybirds Blog
Welcome back to Term Two, we are looking forward to a busy term with lots of learning, exploring and fun!
This week we have been:
- Exploring new sounds made up of two single sounds (digrapghs). We were learning how to read, write and use the sounds sh and ch (All)
- Learning about ‘Magic e’ and how it changes the letter sound to the letter name (P2)
- Exploring what happens to words with ‘a’ in the middle when we add ‘Magic e’ (P2)
- Continuing with developing writing skills using our ‘non-negotiables’: capital letters, finger spaces and full stops (All)
- Exploring how to extend our writing by using connectives (and/because) (mainly P2)
- Developing our reading skills within in reading groups as well as extra reading with Miss McGhee
- Exploring how to be Illustrators and designing new book covers for our reading books! (All)
This week we have been:
- Exploring money up to £2
- Learning to recognise and use money
- Learning to count money and add different amounts
- Leaning to make the same amount using different coins
- Using money in context to ‘buy’ items
- Playing bingo and revising recognising numbers
- Revising adding skills
- Our new P.E days are Monday and Thursday
- This term we will be exploring gymnastics skills: jumping. Landing, balance and rolling
- We will also continue to work on our fitness levels
- Health and Wellbeing – we have a new Building Resilience topic this term: ‘Have A Goal’
- we will explore this in assembly and in class. We will also send further information home
- We have introduced a ‘Free Flow’ afternoon. This is on a Tuesday. Children have to opportunity to access the other classrooms to support their learning and make wider friendship groups.
- ‘Free Flow’ allows the children access learning provided in other classrooms to ensure consistency across the stage as well as allow them to be leaders in their own learning.
- Please be mindful when choosing a snack for your child – break time is only 15minutes long and adults in the playground cannot look after snack tubs. We are also a nut-free school
- We politely ask you provide a healthy/nutritious snack for your child and give them water in their water bottles – thank you.
- ‘Home Learning’ for P1 will continue to be sent home on a Thursday – thank you for your continued support with this at home
- An individualised ‘Tricky Word’ sheet was sent home at the beginning of the term – it would be great if you could practice reading and writing these at home.
- A small plea…….if anyone has any old/unwanted ‘Twister’ games at home we would love to have them to support our learning!
Thank you for your continued support in your child’s learning.