P1/2 Learning Ladybirds Blog
This week we have been:
- Revising the digraph sound we have learned so far: ch, sh, wh, th
- Continuing to learn about ‘Magic e’ and how it changes the letter sound to the letter name (P2)
- Exploring what happens to words with ‘i’ and ‘a’ in the middle when we add ‘Magic e’ (P2)
- Tricky words – revision of block 1,2 and 3 (P2)
- Continuing developing writing skills using our ‘non-negotiables’: capital letters, finger spaces and full stops (All)
- This week we were writing about more nocturnal animals – this time we got to choose which one
- Marking our own writing!
- Exploring how to extend our writing by using connectives (and/because) (mainly P2)
- Developing our reading skills within in reading our groups
- Exploring how to be an author and create a new story! (All)
- Exploring how to illustrate sentences we have written
- We have also been looking at sentences structure and had a go at correcting mistakes
This week we have been:
- Exploring money up to £2 and beyond!
- We explored how to use the ‘£’ and ‘p’ signs
- Learning to recognise and use money
- This week we looked at how to pay the same amount for an item using different coins
- Learning to count money and add different amounts
- Using money in context to ‘buy’ items
- Revising subtraction and addition skills
- We have been talking about more and less and how this link to addition and subtraction
- Our new P.E days are Monday and Thursday
- This term we will be exploring gymnastics skills: jumping. Landing, balance and rolling
- This wee we did a gymnastics lesson with Miss McGhee and practised different types of rolling
- We will also continue to work on our fitness levels
- Health and Wellbeing – we have a new Building Resilience topic this term: ‘Have A Goal’
- We have continued with ‘Free Flow’ afternoon. This is on a Tuesday. Children have to opportunity to access the other classrooms to support their learning and make wider friendship groups. ‘Free Flow’ allows the children to access learning provided in other classroom to ensure consistency across the stage as well as allow them to be leaders in their own learning.
- TOPIC –we have been enjoying exploring night time and the animal that come out at night! You will be able to we our fantastic owl picture if you are visiting on Wednesday morning!
- Topic- children have asked for books about nocturnal animals, role play and the opportunity to paint some animals – if any one has any spare/old books or figures/toys linked to nocturnal animals that they no longer need we could use them in our learning!
- Other Information
- There was no new ‘Home Learning’ for P1 this week as we had a revision week
- Children received word sheets linked to their reading book – if you could work on these at home that would be fantastic!
- A small plea…….if anyone could donate a box of tissues to our class that would be lovely – thank you!
Thank you for your continued support in your child’s learning.