P1/2 Learning Ladybirds Blog – we really enjoyed sharing our learning with the adults on Wednesday…..thank you for joining us!
This week we have been:
- Exploring the sounds ai and ay (all)
- Revising ‘magic e’ with a and i (P2)
- Tricky words – revision of block 1,2 and 3 (P2)
- Continuing developing writing skills using our ‘non-negotiables’: capital letters, finger spaces and full stops (All)
- writing facts about owls and learning how to use bullet points to write a list
- Marking our own writing – giving ourselves a red, amber or green sticker and explaining why
- Developing our reading skills within our reading groups – this week we had a focus on ordering sentences or words to re-create the story
- Whole class reading – we have started a class novel! We are enjoying exploring the chapters and waiting until the next day to find out what happens next!
- Continuing with ‘Dictation’ – Miss McGhee says a word and we have to spell it in our jotter
- P1 dictation words – ship, shed, wish
- P2 dictation words – tape, cane, stare
This week we have been:
- continuing to explore money up to £2 and beyond!
- Learning to count money and add different amounts
- Using money in context to ‘buy’ items
- Revising subtraction and addition skills
- We have been talking about more and less and how this link to addition and subtraction
- Exploring numbers before and after – we used a 100 square to help us! We also used the number square to explore 10 more and 10 less
- Our new P.E days are Monday and Thursday
- This term we will be exploring gymnastics skills: jumping. Landing, balance and rolling
- Health and Wellbeing – we have a new Building Resilience topic this term: ‘Have A Goal’
- We have continued with ‘Free Flow’ afternoon. This is on a Tuesday. Children have to opportunity to access the other classrooms to support their learning and make wider friendship groups. ‘Free Flow’ allows the children to access learning provided in other classroom to ensure consistency across the stage as well as allow them to be leaders in their own learning.
- TOPIC –we have been enjoying exploring night time and the animal that come out at night! You will be able to we our fantastic owl picture if you are visiting on Wednesday morning!
- Topic- children have asked for books about nocturnal animals, role play and the opportunity to paint some animals – if any one has any spare/old books or figures/toys linked to nocturnal animals that they no longer need we could use them in our learning!
- Art – we have been learning to draw different nocturnal animals using a step by step guide. This also helps us to develop skills in following instructions as well as our fine motor skills!
- we displayed our owls in the classroom
- Other Information
- ‘Home Learning’ for P1 was sent home today – sorry for the delay
- There is no home reading for the holidays – books were collected today.
- Holiday ‘Home Learning’ – have lots of fun together!
Enjoy the February Break!
Thank you for your continued support in your child’s learning.