This week we have been:
- Revising the digraph sounds we have learned so far
- Revising the ‘Tricky Words’ – new sheets came home on Wednesday. If your child did not receive a new sheet they are still working on their current sheet.
- These will be re-assessed in the next few weeks
- playing spelling games on the class iPads
- Continuing developing writing skills using our ‘non-negotiables’: capital letters, finger spaces and full stops (All)
- Using connectives in our writing (and, or, because, then)
- Developing our reading skills within our reading groups – some children received a new stage this week. Reading is assessed regularly and reading groups are fluid – please don’t be worried if your child receives a new/extra book
- Whole class reading – we have finished our class novel! We are keen to explore a new one!
- Continuing with ‘Dictation’ – Miss McGhee says a word and we use our sounding out skills to spell it in our jotter
This week we have been:
- Revising number bonds to 10 and 20 and playing a number bond card game with Miss McGhee
- Revising numbers before and after
- Playing an addition game on the class iPads – practising our quick addition skills in a challenge game with a friend
- Exploring ‘tens and units’
- Exploring position and movement
We have lots of new and exciting resources in our classroom to help us Learn Through Play. This week we got a new painting easel, role play/puppet show area, sand tray and block play!
- Painting Easel – pop art inspired by Andy Warhol
- Block Play – using positional language to create structures
- Role Play/Puppet Area – lots of imaginative role play using scarves and clothing
- Sand Tray
This week we have been exploring our new resources. We have had the chance to play with all the new things and suggest ideas of what to learn next in our new areas!
- Science – this week the P7 classrooms have been transformed into Science Labs!
- P1 – explored light and shadows
- P2 – explored electrical circuits
- Art – we have been exploring the artist Andy Warhol. We used his Pop Art style to recreate our own art work
- P1 Kindergarten – Wednesday morning 09.30 -11.30. Please make sure your child has warm/waterproof clothes with them on Wednesday – thank you! Please let me know if you would like to join in and help!
- Role Play/Puppet Area – we are looking for items for our role play area. If anyone has any old/unwanted hats (any style) to help us dress up and create imaginative characters that would be great!
- P2 show – P2 show practice and preparation is well under way! We are collecting items for costumes -info
- already sent home. Thank you to those who have sent items in. Can we please ask that items are sent in labelled in a labelled bag. Thanks again for your support with this.
- Uniform Plea – we are looking for some missing items of uniform. Can you please check at home for any items that may not belong to your child and return to school. Thank you.
Thank you for your continued support in your child’s learning.