Good Morning Learning Ladybirds and welcome to our online classroom!
I hope you have had a lovely weekend with your families and are ready to continue learning and having fun together.
I will be posting daily at 12.00 to give you ideas for ‘learning at home’. Please help your adult by being ‘Ready, Respectful and Safe’
Please use this blog to support you at home – work at your own pace and find a way that works for you and your family. You will not be asked to provide any evidence of your learning and there is no pressure to do all the tasks – the blog posts are designed to be supportive so please use them in a way that works for you!
Please feel free to email a photo of you learning at home and let me know if you are happy for me to put it on our Friday blog post – it will be lovely to see some photos of each other and stay connected!
I will post ideas for Literacy, Numeracy, Health & Wellbeing and keeping active at home!
To start we will be revising previous learning.
Literacy – General Ideas
- Revise single sounds of the alphabet (Jolly Phonics songs are available on YouTube)
- Revise the Digraph sounds we have covered so far – refer to ‘Home Packs’ for the list
- Continue to work on sounding out and blending to read words – I have attached 3 Power Points to help you with this skill at home. These are differentiated to support individual progression.
- Phonics Blending 1
- Phonics Blending 2
- Phonics Blending 3
- CVC game – read the word using your knowledge of the initial sounds, blend the sounds together and click on the picture that matches the word. Play this game without the sound encouraging your child to sound the words out independently.
Literacy – Focussed
Revise the oa/ow sound – How many oa and ow words can you think of? Remember the oa sound goes in the middle of words and the ow goes at the end of words. Talk to a grown up about the words you have thought of. Now try to write some of them down.
Here are a few to start you off….
boat coat goat flow grow blow
Tricky Words this week are one and you – please work on reading and writing these words
All the tricky words are available in the home packs for you to work through at your own pace.
Numeracy – General Ideas
- Work on addition and subtraction skills – I have attached worksheets to this post
- Work on number bonds (10, 20 0r 100) – differentiated worksheets are in the ‘Home Pack’
- Work on numbers before and after – use this link to count one more/one less and 10 more/10 less: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/paint-the-squares
Numeracy – Focussed
- This week we are going to continue working on time. We are learning how to tell the time on an analogue clock. Here are some videos that will support this learning:
- Here is a game you can play to help you learn telling the time: https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/116/telling-the-time
Some fun Ideas
Words of the week:
If you have any questions about the ideas provided, please send these to the school admin email and I will be happy to help you with anything.
Good luck, have a lovely day and enjoy the learning we have provided. Remember, we are all in this together!
Thank you for your continued support in your child learning,
Miss McGhee 😊