P2c Learning together at home – a printable version of today’s post
(if any pupil did not receive their sumdog login details, please contact me and I can email it to you)
Your child knows which block of tricky words they are working on – all blocks were handed out in the packs and they are also uploaded to our spelling city webpage.
- Choose any word you find interesting, it could be a word from a book you have read, a programme you watch, or even the name of your favourite football team or sport. Try to spell it on your whiteboard, then ask an adult to check it for you and help you find out the correct spelling. ( some examples – gymnastics, Quidditch, diamond, minecraft )
We are learning to use question marks and ask questions using question words
Write 5 questions in your jotter starting with each of the following question words.
- Who…… ?
( you don’t have to know the answers)
- Neat handwriting
- finger spaces
- careful spelling
- a question mark at the end of each sentence.
Letter and number of the day…
Write these on your whiteboard or in your jotter. Ask an adult to check that you form them correctly. ( challenge – try cursive) If it is tricky for you, keep practising until you can do it easily.
Summarise the book you read yesterday ( tell an adult what happened in the story).
Read it again and check how accurately you had remembered.
Use the questions from your Reading Rocket Bookmark to discuss what you have read with an adult. Start with the RED (recall) section.
Numeracy and Maths
Hopefully everyone ha now received their sumdog logins. Let me know if not.
Keep an eye out on the sumdog site for some challenges.
There is a subtraction one on there for you today – an opportunity to earn some ‘coins’
The Backwards challenge.
Count backwards in different ways. Here are some suggestions. Create your own way of counting back.
- count back from 20 in 1s/2s or 5s
- count back from 100 in 1s/2s/5s or tens
- count back from 1000 in 100s
Interdisciplinary learning / skills development
Keep practising with those shoelaces ! If you have already mastered the art of tying your laces, perhaps you could teach someone else.
Can you make your bed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday ?
Some fun Ideas
- If you have lego at home, you might like to look at this…