Good afternoon P5M,
I hope you are having a good week so far.
The weather does not look too good today so I thought you might enjoy this fun drama game which you could play inside. If you have siblings you could try to lead this game with them. If not, you could try to involve the adults at home!
The game is called Fortunately – Unfortunately. It can be played with 2 or more people (although an odd number works particularly well as the sentence starter changes each time).
- Gather your players in a circle. Discuss the meaning of the words ‘fortunately’ and ‘unfortunately’.
- Choose someone to start with a story opener of their own e.g. ‘Once upon a time there was a dragon that lived in a cave’ or ‘There once was a lonely green alien on planet Zog….’
- The next player then has to follow on the story with a sentence starting with ‘Fortunately…….’
- The next player follows the story with a sentence starting with ‘Unfortunately……’ and so on.
- Continue until the ideas run dry and then begin again with a new opening line.
- You could develop this game by each player adding actions or funny voices as you play.
Here is a Powerpoint and activity grid for you to work on your PE skills throughout this term.
Below you will find the links to today’s literacy and maths tasks. I am working in the hub this afternoon so unfortunately won’t be able to chat to you on teams today. Look forward to catching up with you on Wednesday of next week though.