Good Morning P4J 🙂
Below are the tasks for Tuesday.
Here are the key questions for Chapter 7 which is called ‘What Perilus Did Next’. This has now been uploaded to Teams. Remember to answer in full sentences!
- Can you find definitions for these words: divan, mirage/folly, cynicism, disillusion, hastily
- What do you think the expression “his mind had already moved on for his eyes were darting around the room” means?
- What is Saturnalia?
- Why do you think the slave Flippus Floppus was kind to Perilus at the end of the chapter?
L.I We are learning to quickly and accurately recall fraction facts.
Daily Morning Challenge: The Tuesday Ten!
This week we are practising recalling our fraction facts.
Mild: Start at Level 2.
Spicy: Start at Level 3.
Hot: Start at Level 4.
Increase the level or decrease the time to challenge yourself.
L.I – We are learning to compare fractions on a fraction wall.
Daily Maths Task: Your task today is to create your own fraction wall.
Spicy: Use the fraction wall template below to complete each box on the fraction wall to show a whole, halves, quarters, halves, thirds, fifths, tenths.
Template: Blank Fraction Wall
Hot: Create your own fraction wall
- Use a ruler to draw your lines if you have one.
- Draw a box which is 20cm long. This is your ‘whole’ fraction.
- Now create a fraction wall showing a whole, halves, quarters, thirds, fifths and tenths.
Extra Challenge: Write down six questions about the fractions on your fraction wall.
For example: Is one third bigger than one quarter?
L.I: We are learning to understand inference and use it to answer questions about a story.
Daily Literacy Task: Follow the link below and Complete Activity 1 and 2 today.
Remember to read a book of your choice for pleasure every day for 30 minutes.
L.I: We are learning to develop our fitness.
Daily P.E Task: choose a daily task to challenge yourself!
Have a look at the new P.E grid: Physical Education Home Learning First Level
If you can’t access any of the links or have any questions, please ask on Teams 🙂
Have a lovely Tuesday Jumping Jigglypuffs 🙂