Good morning my Dragonflies!
Today is Wellbeing Wednesday. Our focus today is: Look on the bright side.
Look, can you see what Hugo found on his walk?
….yes, it is a a little green worm hanging on silk thread! Amazing!
This is calendar for Joyful June although we can use it in July too!
This is today’s learning:
Today our focus sounds are igh/-y
- Examples (igh): sigh, high, bright, fright, light
- Examples (-y): my, by, why, shy
Be Geraldine, have a look around your house and see if there are any words featuring the igh/ -y sounds.
Please complete the attached igh/ -y worksheets.
Real or nonsense words
Write all of the words underneath the pictures (some words are not ‘igh’ words). Then colour the ones that have the ‘igh’ sound in them.
I sound spelt -y worksheet – cut and paste
Please revise Block 1, 2 and 3 as well as the First 100 Fry words. Take your time, every child is at a different stage. Follow your child’s lead. Don’t rush, it is better to have few secured than all not consolidated.
- Please continue to use the tricky word power points.
- Challenge: If your child can read all of the words quickly and confidently test how well they can independently spell the tricky word when you read them out loud (just like dictation). Continue to practice your 100 fry words.
Read the book to an adult without support.
Lizards: The dragon balloon
Dolphins: Chicken Licken
Lions: The snowman
Cheetahs: The scarf
Challenge: Pirate adventure
Counting forwards and backwards review
I am learning to explore numbers and I am learning to use them to count forward and backwards, create sequences and describe order.
I am learning to use practical materials and can ‘count on and back’.
- I can recall the number sequence forwards within the range 0 – 30 from any given number.
- I can identify and recognise numbers from 0 to 100.
- I can identifies the number before, the number after and missing numbers in a sequence.
Please look at the following worksheets and complete as much as your child is able. Just one of the activities. There are a few worksheets within each file so please spread this work over two days (Wednesday and Thursday).
Mild: sequence snakes
Spicy: counting in 1’s
Hot: counting in 2’s
Counting in 5’s
Counting in 10’s
General ideas on Monday’s blog.
I hope you have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Mrs de Bonrostro