Hello Magic Monkeys and Happy Friday!
- This week we have had a revision/assessment week.
- We have focused on tricky words and digraph sounds
- Highlighted tricky word sheets were sent home
- Highlighted digraph sheets are on their way!
- Writing this week: Kindness
- Our wiring star steps are: capital letters, finger spaces and full stops
- We also focussed on using a connective word and writing more than two sentences
- Letter formation
In Numeracy we have covered:
- Addition to 30 and beyond
- Number bonds to 10
- Number bonds to 20
- Timed Addition calculations – this focusses on speed, accuracy and correct number formation
- Number formation
- Reading groups
- Predicting the story
- Recalling the story
- Reading out loud
- Silent reading
- Independent reading
- Reading with Miss McGhee
- We enjoyed reading our books from our Book Bag!
- This week we started a new class novel “The Otter Who Wanted to Know”
Next week we are going to explore non-fiction books for reading.
Health and Wellbeing
- We have a ‘Worry Wall’ in class –
On this wall we can stick a post-it with our name on it if we are feeling worried then Miss McGhee will check in with us
- We have been using our worry wall and sharing any worries we have.
- Fitness – exercise video in class
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Monday – Weekend whiteboard
- Tuesday – Cursive letters
- Wednesday – Tricky Words
- Thursday – Cursive writing
- Friday – Partner game
Learn Through Play Activities:
- Marble Run
- Block Play
- Magnetic building blocks
- Role Play
- Arts and Crafts table – card writing/making
- Smartboard games
- Train tracks
- Independent writing table with ‘Story Spoons’
- We have some unclaimed/unlabelled uniform in the classroom – please let me know if you are looking for any items.
Enjoy the weekend, have fun and stay safe,