Hello Magic Monkeys and Happy Friday!
- Single sounds of the alphabet
- Tricky words (block 1 – 8)
- Sounding out/blending/spelling words (CVC, CVCC, CCVC)
- Completed work for Learning Stories
- Dictation pr, gr, tr words
- Writing: “Christmas Tree”
- Writing Star Steps: use capital letters, finger spaces and full stops, using a connective word and writing 2 or more sentences
- Writing a list – using bullet points to write a list
- Letter formation – cursive and non-cursive
- Reading Groups
- Individual digraph revision sheets sent home
- First 100 Fry Words – sheet sent home and attached below
- A Spelling Wall has been added to the Buckstone website – this can be found under Home Learning and then on the level page
- Please use this to support you at home if you wish to do a little extra
- Thanks for all your help and support!
In Numeracy we have covered:
- Subtraction/Addition within 30
- Timed subtractions/addition calculations – this focusses on speed, accuracy and correct number formation
- To move into the next level of the timed challenge learners must;
- complete all calculations within 5 minutes
- have the correct answer for every calculation
- have the correct number formation for every answer
- Number formation
- Reading groups – this week we continue to read non-fiction books
- Recalling facts
- Reading out loud
- Silent reading
- Independent reading
- Reading with Miss McGhee
- We have continued to enjoy our new class novel
- This week we read an e-Book “The Christmas Collar”. As we enjoyed the story we used listening skills to answer knowledge and understanding questions
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Just Dance Workout
- Yoga dance and freeze – we enjoyed a Yoga, Dance, Freeze disco with glow sticks!!!
- Monday – Weekend whiteboard
- Tuesday – Word Building
- Wednesday – Partner Activity
- Thursday – Cursive Letters
- Friday – Tricky Words
Learn Through Play Activities:
- Marble Run
- Block Play
- Magnetic building blocks
- Role Play
- Arts and Crafts table – Christmas cards
- Smartboard games
- Train tracks
- We have some unclaimed/unlabelled uniform in the classroom – please let me know if you are looking for any items.
- Please bring reading books to school every day – especially a Thursday so they can be “quarantined” over the weekend. Thank you!
- We enjoyed our walk around school to view all the Christmas art in the windows – we hope you did too!
- We are creating a P2M “Christmas Collage”. If you would like to you can bring in a photo of your Christmas tree to add to our display!
- Learning Stories coming home today!
Enjoy the weekend, have fun and stay safe,