Hello Magic Monkeys and Happy Friday!
- We have covered all the digraph sounds and now we are exploring ‘blends’
- Blends: bl, cl, fl
- Tricky words (block 1 – 8)
- Tricky Word hunt
- Sounding out/blending/spelling words (CVC, CVCC, CCVC)
- Dictation: bl, cl, fl words
- Writing: “The Pantomime”
- Writing Star Steps: use capital letters, finger spaces and full stops, using a connective word and writing 2 or more sentences
- Jack and the Beanstalk Word Search
- Letter formation – cursive and non-cursive
- Reading Groups
- This week we played a game with Miss McGhee and a partner to see which team could read and make all the flashcard words first!
- A Spelling Wall has been added to the Buckstone website – this can be found under Home Learning and then on the level page
- Please use this to support you at home if you wish to do a little extra
- Thanks for all your help and support!
In Numeracy we have covered:
- Subtraction/Addition within 30
- Independent subtraction “assessment”
- Using a number line to support with subtraction
- Working in small groups with Miss McGhee – using a number line to subtract
- Subtraction ‘Post the Letter’ game:
- Timed subtractions/addition calculations – this focusses on speed, accuracy and correct number formation
- To move into the next level of the timed challenge learners must;
- complete all calculations within 5 minutes
- have the correct answer for every calculation
- have the correct number formation for every answer
- Number formation
- Reading groups – this week we continue to read non-fiction books
- Reading out loud – reading our favourite part of the book to Miss McGhee
- Reading to a partner
- Listening to a partner read
- Recalling facts from our partners book
- We made a facts poster with a partner from our reading group
- There will be no reading books sent home next week – will will continue to read in class
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Just Dance Workout
- Yoga dance and freeze
- Monday – Weekend whiteboard
- Tuesday – Word Building
- Wednesday – Partner game
- Thursday – digraph revision with a partner
- Friday – Tricky Words
Learn Through Play Activities:
- Marble Run
- Block Play
- Magnetic building blocks
- Role Play
- Arts and Crafts table – Christmas cards
- Smartboard games
- Train tracks
- Word building floor mat
- We have some unclaimed/unlabelled uniform in the classroom – please let me know if you are looking for any items.
- Please bring reading books to school every day – especially a Thursday so they can be “quarantined” over the weekend. Thank you!
- We enjoyed watching the Pantomime “Jack and the Beanstalk”. Miss McGhee transformed the classroom into a cinema for us!
- We are creating a P2M “Christmas Collage”. If you would like to you can bring in a photo of your Christmas tree to add to our display. Thanks you for all the beautiful photos so far!
- We also enjoyed Christmas jumper day………….
Enjoy the weekend, have fun and stay safe,