We have been learning:
- This week we have been revising all the single sounds of the alphabet and all our Block one tricky words.
- Today, the children will bring home in their purple folders a list of the tricky words which they need to revise over the holiday. We are learning both to read and to write these words.
- We have written many letters to Santa this week – he is going to be busy!
Numeracy and Maths
- We have been revising many of our mathematical learning strategies including counting on and back, adding numbers starting with the largest number in our head, recognising patterns of numbers, sharing, and making equal groups, Mrs Cross and Mrs Bonrostro are amazed at our skills.
- The children will be bringing home a booklet of numeracy activities which they can use over the holidays for extra practise if you wish. n.b. there is no requirement to complete all of the activities, nor to return any completed sheets.
- The highlight of the week was our Christmas Party which included a special video message direct from Santa at the North Pole !
- We made reindeer party hats.
- We made snowmen pictures outside.
- We decorated the playground with colourful chalk Christmas decorations. Look at our amazing pattern design skills.
- We enjoyed outdoor play in the woods on Friday morning.
- We practised our wrapping skills.
- We enjoyed exploring cornflour slime, what an amazing feeling!
Other important Information
- On Monday 21st December P1 Tigers have loose parts messy play outdoors – so another day for cosy and waterproof clothing please !
We are both incredibly proud of our amazing class of learners. What superstars they are!