We had another fantastic week at school.
This week we have been working on:
Our focus this week has been World Book Day. Every day we have been learning about different authors and read several of their books. Ask your child to talk about the different authors that we have discussed in class. We made the most of the good weather on Monday and read stories outside.
We have been working on the initial blends cr and dr.
We have been working on our reading books. All the books have gone home for the children to showcase their learning with you. There is a jotter ‘ reading record’ for you to write any comments that you would like to make about your children’s reading. We hope you enjoy their reading!
We have also practiced our writing skills. This week we have written about our favourite book. We have also made our own books!
Ideas for home learning
- Keep working on the sounds we have introduced this week. See PDF attached.
- Ask your child to read the school reading book for you. Use the reading caterpillar. Ask your child to identify the words that found hard on Monday.
We have continued to work on numbers up to a hundred and counting in tens.
Ideas for learning at home
- You could use this website: Ask your child to count in tens from a given number. Choose a number and ask your child what it is ten more and ten less of the given number.
- This is another useful game
- Say a number and ask your child to say the number before and the number after.
PE we have worked on fitness skills for our Race for Life event. The children have made choices about what they want to do on their workouts they are keeping their teachers fit! Burpees after lunch is definitely a challenge!
Cutting skills: we are working on our cutting skills. This week we have been cutting different items including lettuce and broccoli which led to rich discussions about flavours, shape and smell.
Dates for your diary and other reminders
- Please remember to return your reading books on Monday. This is extremely important for our reading schedule.
- On Friday 12th we will be doing messy outdoor play so please your children accordingly.
- Please if you want to discuss any issues about your child email the school office. We are not checking the e-learning journals as we did during our learning at home.
- Please remember to bring lunches and snacks without nuts or nut products. We have children with nut allergies in the class.
- On line Parents Evening on the week beginning 22nd March. More information to follow soon.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Mrs Cross and Mrs de Bonrostro