Tuesday 8th June 2021
Good Morning Lovely Lions,
I hope you had a lovely day learning at home yesterday.
Today we will have a whole class meeting at 11am. Today’s focus will be writing. Please have the writing plan attached below ready and a pencil.
Please share your learning on the Learning Journals! I love seeing what you are getting up to at home. Feel free to ask any questions on the learning journals or via email, I am more than happy to help with anything.
Thank you all for your support,
Here are today’s learning tasks:
Tuesday’s are our writing focus day in school. We will talk about this piece of writing and do the planning in our class meeting later.
- We are going to be thinking about the ‘Potato Needs a Bath’ performance we watched last week.
- You are going to write a story about your vegetable friend, you made a party hat for.
- Your story will be about your vegetable friend going on an adventure. Does it go to another party? Does it climb a mountain or swim in the sea?
- Complete the planning sheet attached below. Think about: Who your vegetable friend is – name, what vegetable, words to describe them. Where – where does the adventure take place? What – what happens to your vegetable on their adventure? We will do this together in the class meeting if you can attend.
- Use the writing sheet attached below to write your story. Only use one of the sheets in the document. Remember to use your non-negotiables, be descriptive and draw a detailed picture.
Yesterday I shared on your child’s Learning Journal which book they should access from the Oxford Owl website. Along with the log in details on how to access the book from the website.
Read your story forwards and then read it backwards. If there is any words you cannot sound out, have a go at writing it a few times. Say and point to the word in your book.
This week we will be learning the last few sounds in Block 3 of the Literacy Rich Programme. Each of these sounds only has a few words to learn, so we will be looking at 2-3 at a time!
Today’s sounds are: ‘sp’ and ‘xt’
- Please watch the powerpoint attached below. In this powerpoint, there is a number of tasks to do whilst you watch. Reading words, writing words and as an extra challenge writing a sentence using words which have our new sounds in them.
Attached below are the tricky word powerpoints we use in school. Ask your child to say the words quickly. They should be able to read these words from sight memory as we cannot sound them out. We have looked at all of the Block 3 words now, however, these still need some revision.
As an extra challenge ask your child to write some tricky words from memory. Please continue to practice these – especially Block 3! However it is good to go over block 1 and 2 daily!
This week we will be revising our fractions maths topic.
Practice counting forwards and backwards to 100 with our Jack Hartman videos we love to watch in class!
Today’s Focus: Fractions
This week we are going to be revising our learning of fractions. Do you remember what ‘half’ and ‘whole’ means?
Watch this video as we begin to see how we can half numbers as well as shapes and objects.
- Watch the video above.
- Complete the attached fractions worksheet below. Please only complete one worksheet – choose the level appropriate for your child.
- Extra Challenge – ask your child what half of a number is e.g. ‘what is half of 10?’ etc
Today we are learning about caterpillars and the life cycle of a butterfly.
Can you see them through the net ?
- Here is a powerpoint about a cautious caterpillar and how he turns into a butterfly.
2. You might also like to watch this silly story about a Caterpillar
3. Now, draw a picture to explain the life cycle of a butterfly. You can print and use the worksheet attached below if you wish, or draw your own version.