Hello P2 learners and Grown-ups and happy Friday!
We have had a super busy week of learning, playing and having fun at school. Here are some of the things we have been doing……
- Re-capping single sounds of the alphabet
- Independent Writing “All About Me”
- Re-capping numbers to 100
- Revising addition to 30
- Traffic Light Challenge
- Addition with Numicon
Other Curricular Areas
- Health and Well-being: SHANARRI (safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, responsible, respected, included)
- PE: Yoga
Looking forward to next week
- READING UPDATE – more information to follow on Monday (via blog/email/and letter home)
- Reading books will still be sent home on Monday.
- Your child may repeat a book in the first few weeks as we have had to make new groups from the classes being mixed. Please don’t worry if this happens – it’s ok to repeat a book and there will be extension tasks in class and reading activities sent home to support reading at home with your child
- Reading groups are fluid and children may moved based on teacher assessment
Extra Information/ polite reminders
- Where possible please fill water bottles with water – juice is sticky when it gets spilled
- Lots of learners are choosing not to have their milk most days – you may want to check with your child if they would still like to receive milk
- Please keep your own toys at home
- If possible please have a pair of indoor and outdoor shoes – this helps to keep the carpet dry and clean as we gather on the carpet for learning.
- A spare set of clothes is helpful – please send these in in a labelled bag and we will keep them safe at school
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to catch us at the door at the end of the day.
Thanks for all your help and support!
Enjoy the weekend – have fun and stay safe,
The P2 Team 😊