Hello and Happy Friday P2!
We have enjoyed another busy week in school this week. Here are some of the things we have been doing…
- Independent writing
- Completing a book review
- Exploring the ‘sh’ sound
- Dictation: shop, shut, shed, rash, wish, rush
- Directed group activities around reading books
- Breaking down words from our books to look at their sounds
- Sharing and discussing stories in class
- Revising addition to 30
- Traffic Light Challenge
- Addition with Numicon
- Addition using number lines
- Time: days of the week, yesterday and tomorrow
Other Curricular Areas
- RSHP: Friends and Friendship (My friends/Being a friend)
- Health and Well-being: SHANARRI (safe)
- PE: Yoga and team games
Looking forward to next week
- We will be exploring the ‘ch’ sound
- Individualised phonics and literacy groups for all of the reading groups
- Exploring ‘yesterday’ and ‘tomorrow’ further
- Continuing our RSHP ‘Friends and Friendship’ theme
- Children’s learning stories will be coming home on Friday (10th September)
- PE will stay on the same days this week (Monday, Wednesday for P2M and Tuesday, Wednesday for P2L)
Extra Information/ polite reminders
- We would ask that you do not send your child with any food items which contain nuts to keep any children with allergies safe. This is part of us trying to be a nut-free school.
- We are still having learners who are choosing not to have their milk most days – you may want to check again with your child if they would still like to receive milk
- If possible please have a pair of indoor and outdoor shoes – this helps to keep the carpet dry and clean as we gather on the carpet for learning.
- A spare set of clothes is helpful – please send these in in a labelled bag and we will keep them safe at school
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to catch us at the door at the end of the day.
Thanks for your ongoing help and support.
We hope you enjoy a lovely, safe weekend!
The P2 Team 😊