Hello P3M and grown-ups!
What a brilliant week we have had in P3M. All of our learners are adjusting really well to being back at school and building friendships.
This some of our super learning from this week…
- We have been counting forwards and back in 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s & 10s
- We have focused on 3s & 4s as they can be a bit more tricky
- Spelling- we have continued to work on initial consonant blends
(Our words: drip, crab, brush, frost, tramp, trunk, brick, bring)
- We did a wonderful imaginative writing piece using a photograph for stimulus. The title was ‘Hedgehog needs a hug’. P3M had lots of wonderful ideas and created book covers to go along with their story.
- Reading – we have been continuing to read in groups in school and have been assessing reading levels and working on reading skills
- Handwriting – we practiced individual cursive letters and joining them together to create words
- We have been thinking about friendship and how we can be good friends to one another
- We talked about empathy and kindness and the importance of these to form good friendships
- The class came up with ideas of how we could show kindness to each other
- P.E – games and fitness
- French – our French word of the week is ‘Au revoir!’. We have been verbally practising our French numbers 1-10 and writing them down
- Outdoor Learning – handwriting with chalk outside was a big hit!
- Our topic is the Paralympics. This week we learned about the values of the Paralympics and designed our own medals
- As I said last week, we are continuing to assess reading levels in the class and children have been moving groups and changing between levels. I so appreciate your patience as this is firmed up. There will be ongoing reading assessment throughout the year to ensure all children are reading at the correct level.
- Reading books will go home on Monday and should be returned to school by Thursday. However, it would be helpful if books could be brought into school each day to allow us to read in groups throughout the day.
- P.E days will be Tuesday and Thursday please come to school dressed for this.
- Miss Scott will teach P3M each Wednesday until the Christmas holidays.
- Please ensure that all children have a waterproof coat in school to allow us to get outside as much as possible.
- Milk: lots of learners are opting not to have their milk in school or are requesting milk when not on the list Please check again if your child would like to receive milk and make any changes with the office.
- “I enjoyed the counting in 4s fish pond worksheet.”
- “I have loved playing pizza shop in the role play area.”
- “I have loved drawing pictures with my friends.”
- “I loved creating a story about the hedgehog, I had a fox in my story.”
Next Week’s Spelling words
plug, slip, clock, blunt, swing, swim, twig, tweet
I am here to help and support you and your child. Please let me know if there’s anything I could help with and feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin.
I hope you all have a great weekend. Can’t wait to hear all about them on Monday!