Hello and Happy Friday P2!
We have enjoyed another busy (and sunny) week in school! Here are some of the things we have been exploring…
- Exploring the ‘ch’ sound
- Dictation: chip, chop, chat, rich, much, bench
- Tricky Words: block 2
- Independent writing
- Handwriting – cursive and pre-cursive writing practice. This includes drawing and colouring in to promote hand strength and pencil control
- Directed group activities around reading books
- Breaking down words from our books to look at their sounds.
- Spelling words from the reading book
- Completing a book review – this helps us to develop critical thinking skills
- Revising addition to 30
- Traffic Light Challenge
- Addition using number lines
- Time: days of the week, yesterday and tomorrow – continued from last week
Other Curricular Areas
- RSHP: Friends and Friendship: Part 2 – Kindness an Empathy
- Health and Well-being: SHANARRI (healthy)
- PE: Yoga and team games
Looking forward to next week
- We will be exploring the ‘th’ sound
- Exploring Months of the Year
- Continuing our RSHP ‘Friends and Friendship’ focus
- Children’s learning stories come home today – check your child’s bag or purple folder! (10.09.21)
- PE will stay on the same days this week (Monday, Wednesday for P2M and Tuesday, Wednesday for P2L)
- P2M will have their ‘Loose Parts’ slot on Monday afternoon
Extra Information/ polite reminders
- Please label all items of school clothing – we don’t have a school ‘lost and found’ at the moment. We do have a ‘Too Hot Box’ in class that is getting pretty full!
- Learners are enjoying playing with Dominos – especially ‘Dominoes Falling’. If you have any old/spare dominoes at home, we would love to have them! They don’t have to be whole sets – please don’t buy any new ones.
- We would like to thank you for your support in the change to Reading
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to catch us at the door at the end of the day.
Thanks for your continued help and support.
We hope you enjoy a lovely, safe weekend!
The P2 Team 😊