Hello and Happy September Weekend P2!
We have had another exciting week in school! Here are some of the things we have been exploring…
- Exploring the ‘th’ sound
- Dictation: bath, moth, path, thin, thick, think
- Tricky Words: block 3
- Writing – ‘My Hobby’
- Handwriting – cursive and pre-cursive writing practice. This includes drawing and colouring in to promote hand strength and pencil control
- Directed group activities around reading books
- Breaking down words from our books to look at their sounds.
- Identifying tricky words in our books and practising writing them.
- Spelling words from the reading book
- Completing a book review – this helps us to develop critical thinking skills
- Revising addition to 30
- Traffic Light Challenge
- Exploring Tens and Ones and how to partition numbers.
- Time: exploring the Months of the Year
- Making our own calendars and thinking about a special event for each month
Other Curricular Areas
- RSHP: Friends and Friendship: Part 3 – When friends fall out
- Health and Well-being: SHANARRI (achieving)
- PE: Yoga and team games
- French – Days of the week/Months of the year
- Topic – Started discussions about people who help us
P2 Mogs Only
- On Monday P2M enjoyed ‘Loose Parts’ play outside!
P2 Ladybirds only
- On Wednesday Ladybirds enjoyed their loose parts session.
Looking forward to next week
- We will be exploring the ‘wh’ sound
- Exploring Months of the Year
- Continuing our RSHP ‘Friends and Friendship’ focus
- September weekend – No school on Monday!
- PE will stay on the same days this week (Monday, Wednesday for P2M and Tuesday, Wednesday for P2L)
- We will be exploring 2D shape in Maths
Extra Information/ polite reminders
- Please could we ask that you send one, healthy, snack for break time for your child.
- We would ask that toys are not brought into school please.
- If you have any unwanted photo frames at home, we would be grateful of them in school.
- Any boxes of tissues would be greatly appreciated as we move into autumn and cooler weather.
- We would like to thank you for your continued support in the change to Reading
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to catch us at the door at the end of the day.
Thanks for your continued help and support.
We hope you enjoy a lovely, long and safe weekend!
The P2 Team 😊