Happy Friday P3M! We have had a busy week and have done lots of learning
- We have been revising place value in 2-digit numbers
- We have been trying a lot of challenge questions on our whiteboards with 3-digit numbers
- We have started learning about direction with Miss Scott
- Spelling – we are continuing our work on initial consonant blends (Our words: plug, slip, clock, blunt, swing, swim, twig, tweet)
- We started a new class novel called ‘The Food Bank Heist’. We used the front cover and the blurb to make predictions about what we think will happen in the story
- Reading –reading groups have continued and we have been asking questions to see if we understand what we are reading
- Handwriting – we have been working on joining our cursive letters to form words
- RSHP: ‘When friends fall out’ – P3M loved working on this with Miss Scott and created puppets to make up a drama
- SHANARRI – we have been learning about our wellbeing indicators. We considered what they mean and why they are important
- PE: This week we focused on games on Tuesday and had a woodland workout – circuits style workout and games on Thursday
- French – we are learning numbers 1-20
- Outdoor learning – this week we did some of our reading groups outdoors whilst the rest of the class were sketching. We also continued handwriting practice outdoors
Reflective Friday-“We were learning about the SHANARRI wheel”
– “We have been learning how to be kind to our friends”
– “We’ve been learning about what numbers mean, like 17 is one 10 and 7 units”
– “We have been learning about the Paralympics and how people learn to dive into the water and other sports”
- Thank you to those that have already returned their learning stories. Please could these all be returned next week.
- Reading books will be sent home on a Monday and should be returned to school on a Thursday. I have decided to send home a reading record books with every learner. This will leave space for a signature and the date that you have read with your child. Please feel free to or continue to leave a message for me here if you have any queries or comments about the reading.
- MILK – The milk list is closed online, however if you would like your child to receive milk in school the office will be able to organise this for you. Please contact them for more information.
Next week’s spelling words:
scrap, scrub, split, spring, strap, street, strong, thrush(We are moving onto initial consonant clusters)
As ever, if you have any queries or concerns please get in touch with the office and they will pass on to me.
I hope you all enjoy the long weekend, see you on Tuesday!