We hope you all had a lovely week.
This week has been a short but a busy one at P1 CD.
This is what we have been learning this week:
This week we have learned two new sounds i and n. Now we have worked on the sounds s ,a, t, p. i, n therefore we can make some CVC (consonant, vowel, consonant) words. We are starting to blend sounds. We are aware that some children already know these sounds and can blend, be reassured that they are receiving appropriate challenge at school.
For handwriting have practice diagonal lines.
At writing we have written stories about ‘I was waving to’
Home learning ideas
- Every week your child will take home a blue sheet with the sounds we have worked on, some words that you can make with the sounds we have worked on so far and tricky words (none this week). The idea is to cut the letters and make words (you could also use magnetic letters if you wish). Check your child’s purple folder.
- Find the letters that we have worked on on a newspaper, leaflet, cereal box or any package.
- Can you be Geraldine and find items at home with a given sound.
This week our focus has been 2D shapes: circle, triangle, rectangle, square, pentagon, hexagon and octagon. We are working on recognising, describing and sorting common 2D shapes.
- Shape hunt: look for shapes indoors and outdoors. Look for a given shape or find as any different shapes as you can.
We have been looking for shapes, drawing shapes and making shapes with different objects.
We can finally sing together! We are very happy. We have done singing with Mrs Cross and we have been learning a Spanish song about body parts with Mrs de Bonrostro.
We have been learning about our families. It has been great to being able to discuss about different types of families. We made our own drawings of our families.
What a great time we had today playing with loose parts outdoors. Lots of team work, sharing and engineering skills on the go!
- Our Parent Consultation meetings will take place during the week of 4-8th October. These will be virtual consultations using the video system .
Booking will go live at 6pm on Friday 24th September and information will be sent out regarding this . Please be aware that booking closes on 28th September at 12noon.
If you require an interpreter for your consultation please contact the school office and we can arrange this for you.
- We still have some unlabelled unclaimed clothes.
- Please check your child’s uniform items as some labelled items are missing and we think that they might have gone to a different home by accident.
Thank you for your continued support,
Have a lovely weekend,
Mrs Cross and Mrs de Bonrostro