Hello and Happy Friday P2!
Another week of school has zoomed past! Here is a little snap-shot of our week…………..
- Exploring the ‘wh’ sound
- Dictation: when, whim, whip, wheel, whale, which
- Tricky Words: block 4
- We have attached a ‘Tricky Word’ sheet above
- Please feel free to practise reading and writing these at home
- Writing “Friendship” (linked to Health and Wellbeing)
- Our writing ‘Star Steps’ for Term 1 are:
- Capital letters
- Finger spaces
- Full stops
- Handwriting – cursive and pre-cursive writing practice. This includes drawing and colouring in to promote hand strength and pencil control. We have also been doing cutting activities to help strengthen hand muscles
- Directed group activities around reading books
- BEAR Time: Be Excited About Reading (independent reading time)
- Whole class reading quiz – comprehension and observation skills
- Completing a book review – this helps us to develop critical thinking skills
- Continuing with Tens and Units
- Revising 2D shapes
- Creating ‘shape monsters’ with our learning partner – great for fine motor skills too!
- We will continue to cover Days of the Week (yesterday/tomorrow) and Months of the Year with use of songs and reference to our class calendar – you could support your child by talking about days of the week:
- What day is it today?
- What day was it yesterday (the day before)?
- What day will it be tomorrow (the day after)?
Other Curricular Areas
- RSHP: General Friendship focus – recapping previous learning
- Health and Well-being: SHANARRI (Nurtured)
- PE: Football skills
- We have been using iPads to support our learning too – Literacy and Numeracy games
- P2M showing off some football skills!
- We have also been exploring shape
- This activity has supported technology learning as well as developing Fine Motor Skills………
P2L have been practising their football skills in PE this week …
We have also been looking at the story “Don’t Hog the Hedge” linking with our friendship theme. Ladybirds enjoyed creating story maps of what happened in the story.
Looking forward to next week
- We will be exploring the ‘ai’ sound
- Exploring 2D and 3D
- Continuing our RSHP ‘Friends and Friendship’ focus
- PE will stay on the same days this week (Monday, Wednesday for P2M and Tuesday, Wednesday for P2L)
- Exploring our class topic “People Who Help Us”
Extra Information/ polite reminders
- Parents Evening for P2M will be 6th and 7th Oct 16.00-18.30
- Parents Evening for P2L will be 6th and 7th Oct 15.30-18.00
- Booking for Parents Evening will open today at 18.00 and will close on 28th Sep at 12 noon
- Book as soon as possible to secure a slot that suits you
- Please label all items of school clothing – we don’t have a school ‘lost and found’ at the moment. We do have a ‘Too Hot Box’ in class that is getting pretty full!
- Please send Learning Stories back to school
- Boxes of tissues for sniffles and sneezes would be greatly appreciated!
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to, catch us at the door at the beginning/end of the day (this isn’t always possible as teachers may be having their ‘non class contact time’ at this time)
Thanks for your continued help and support.
We hope you enjoy a lovely, fun and safe weekend!
The P2 Team 😊