Hello P3M learners and grown ups,
We have had a brilliant and busy week in P3, here is some of what we have been up to! We have managed to fit a lot into the shorter week.
- We have continued with place value in 2-digit and 3-digit numbers
- Some learners have challenged themselves with 4-digit numbers
- Miss Scott continued with direction, we had fun with this outside
- We have continued to use the Wraparound spelling programme and this have been looking at initial consonant clusters
- Reading groups have been going well and the learners have been enjoying their different books. We have been thinking about how we can predict what will happen next.
- We finished our class novel ‘The Great Food Bank Heist’, we have had some great conversations about the book.
- All learners from P3 up in school have completed a wellbeing web, to better understand how everyone is doing. Each child had to rate each of the wellbeing indicators (safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, responsible, respected, included) from 1-10, then explain their response.
- French: we have been learning numbers 1-20
- PE: continuation with fitness and games, learners have really enjoyed the woodland workouts on a Thursday.
Reflective Friday – Some highlights from this week
“I have enjoyed the morning challenges each day”
“I loved making a Pokémon card our favourite book character”
“We described how we feel on the wellbeing web”
“It was fun doing rainbow writing for our spelling”
“We got to give our partners directions to follow in outdoor learning”
“Innes lost his tooth”P3M
- We have our loose parts session next Monday (27th September) afternoon. Please could all children come in PE clothes on Monday, along with Tuesday and Thursday.
- Parents consultations are coming up on Tuesday 5th and Wednesday 6th October. Booking for these goes live this evening at 6pm.
- Book talks – each child will give a presentation on their favourite book WB 11th October. This can be any book, fiction or non-fiction. We will talk more about these next week but just to give a heads up.
- Reading books and reading records (small blue jotters) are sent home with all of the class each Monday and should be returned to school on a Thursday. As ever, if you have any questions or concerns please get in touch.
- If you have not already, please could you ensure that learning stories have been returned to school.
Next week’s spelling: we will be looking at ‘ng’ wordsOur words: bang, hang, song, long, wing, sting, bring, thing,