Hello and Happy Friday P2!
It was lovely to chat with the grown-ups about all the fantastic learning P2M and P2L have been doing in Term – thank you for being so supportive! Here is a little snap-shot of some of our learning from this week……
- Exploring the ‘ay’ sound
- Dictation: day, pay, way, say, may, today
- Tricky Words: block 6
- ‘Tricky Word’ revision sheets sent home this week
- Writing “Healthy” (linked to Health and Wellbeing – (SHANARRI)
- Our writing ‘Star Steps’ for Term 1 are:
- Capital letters
- Finger spaces
- Full stops
- Sometimes learners will also receive an individual Star Step to support their learning
- Handwriting – cursive and pre-cursive writing practice. This includes drawing and colouring in to promote hand strength and pencil control. We have also been doing cutting activities to help strengthen hand muscles
- Handwriting – correct number formation
- Directed group activities around reading books
- BEAR Time: Be Excited About Reading (independent reading time)
- Reading out loud to an adult
- Spelling games to practice the long words on our books
- Completing a book review – this helps us to develop critical thinking skills
- Continuing to explore Subtraction
- PACE subtraction challenge
- Exploring 3D shapes
- We will continue to cover Days of the Week (yesterday/tomorrow) and Months of the Year with use of songs and reference to our class calendar – you could support your child by talking about days of the week:
- What day is it today?
- What day was it yesterday (the day before)?
- What day will it be tomorrow (the day after)?
Other Curricular Areas
- RSHP: General Friendship focus – recapping previous learning
- Health and Well-being: SHANARRI (Respected)
- PE: Yoga, PE Quiz and Football skills
- We have been using iPads to support our learning too – Literacy and Numeracy games
- French: My name is/ How old are you?
- This week we have enjoyed using our knowledge of 3D shape to support some STEM learning (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- We did this by working in groups to construct a tower or bridge using straws, card, blue-tac and sticky tape!
- We also had to work as a team, communicate effectively and be a good listener too!
- We have also had Mrs Imrie helping us with our learning this week, she helped some of us with subtraction and letter formation – Mrs Imire told us it was the highlight of her day!!!
- This week we have enjoyed starting our 3D shape booklet.
- We identified what shape different objects were and matched them.
- We are planning to go on a shape hunt around school next week to add to our booklets.
- We have also enjoyed playing the “Popcorn Game” in small groups. This helps us with the digraphs we have been learning.
- Mrs Imrie has been in class with us to work with some children on their sounds, which was lovely.
Looking forward to next week
- We will be exploring the ‘ee’ sound
- Continuing with 3D shapes
- Continuing with subtraction and PACE learning
- PE will stay on the same days this week (Monday, Wednesday for P2M and Tuesday, Wednesday for P2L)
- Please send Learning Stories back to school
Extra Information/ polite reminders
- Please remember to keep reading books at home – returning them to school on Thursday
- As the weather is getting cooler, please ensure your child comes to school in an appropriate coat.
- A little reminder that the first group doesn’t begin until 8:35 in the morning and time before that the adults may be working, or not in the room.
- Please keep toys at home – we understand some children may bring toys to school for After School Club. Please encourage your child to keep these in their school bag throughout the school day
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to catch us at the door at the beginning/end of the day (this isn’t always possible as teachers may be having their ‘non- class contact time’ at this time)
Thanks for your continued help and support.
We hope you enjoy a lovely, safe weekend!
The P2 Team 😊