I hope you have had a great week. It has been lovely to chat with most parents over the course of this week, thank you! If after chatting there has been anything else you meant to mention, please do just drop me an email.
- We have been working on addition this week. The class have taken to this well and have enjoyed challenging themselves. We have done independent work and addition games with peers.
- Miss Scott continued with direction for topic maths. We learned about clockwise and anti-clockwise.
- We have been using the wrap around spelling programme to help us with our spelling words. This week we have been learning about the ‘nk’ ending.
- Reading, we have continued with reading groups. The groups had the chance to run these groups independently and read aloud to each other. This went well and we will do this again. We have continued to focus on summarising what we have read.
- Writing – we developed our writing skills this week. We were writing predictions about what would happen next based on what we already know.
- We learned about the parts of the body and followed the RSHP lesson plan. There was a verbal input and then children labelled the body of both a boy and a girl. You can see what we were learning about through their website: https://rshp.scot/first-level/
- Following on from this we learned about privacy and the PANTS rule. Again, more information can be found on the RSHP website.
- Outdoor learning – this week we practised our spelling words outside with chalk, the learners also thought of other ‘nk’ words they knew. We also had our reading groups outside on Wednesday in the sunshine, this was one of our highlights of the week!
- PE- unfortunately we were unable to get outside on Tuesday due to the weather, we got outside for games on Wednesday instead. We had our woodland workout on Thursday.
– Friday 15th October: information about give racism the red card in Homelink
– Next week we have our book talks. Each child will be encouraged to present to the class, posters can be made if they would find this helpful. I know some children have already started these! There is no expectation that the presentations are a certain length. We have discussed this in school, but children could start by considering;
– What is your favourite book?
– Why do you like it?
– Do you have a favourite part or character from the book?
To make it straight forward I have allocated each child to a day of the week to ensure we get through them all.
Monday 11th October: Eesha, Ciaran, Kara, William, Innes, Megan
Tuesday 12th October: Alexander, Callum, Erin, Eliza, Lewis, Faith
Wednesday 13th October: Ben, Ross, Toby, Archie, Bella-Rose
Thursday 14th October: Maika, Hugo, Sophie, Carl, Kayden, Scarlett
Friday 15th October: Anyone that missed their day
Next week spelling: We will be learning about short /a/ words.Our Words: act, pat, happy, snap, star
Tricky Words: said, there