Hello and Happy Friday P2!
We’ve made it to the October Break! Thank you very much for all your support and hard work so far in Primary 2. Here is some of our learning from this week:
- Exploring the ‘ee’ sound
- Dictation: feel, peel, green, sleep, sheep
- Tricky Words: block 7
- Writing “Achieving” (linked to Health and Wellbeing – (SHANARRI)
- Our writing ‘Star Steps’ for Term 1 are:
- Capital letters
- Finger spaces
- Full stops
- Sometimes learners will also receive an individual Star Step to support their learning
- Handwriting – cursive and pre-cursive writing practice. This includes drawing and colouring in to promote hand strength and pencil control. We have also been doing cutting activities to help strengthen hand muscles
- Handwriting – Cursive Letters and writing our name with capitals in the correct place
- Directed group activities around reading books
- BEAR Time: Be Excited About Reading (independent reading time)
- Reading out loud to an adult
- Spelling games to practice the long words on our books
- Completing a book review – this helps us to develop critical thinking skills
- Continuing to explore Subtraction
- PACE subtraction challenge
- Continue with 3D shape
- We will continue to cover Days of the Week (yesterday/tomorrow) and Months of the Year with use of songs and reference to our class calendar – you could support your child by talking about days of the week:
- What day is it today?
- What day was it yesterday (the day before)?
- What day will it be tomorrow (the day after)?
Other Curricular Areas
- RSHP: General Friendship focus – recapping previous learning
- Health and Well-being: SHANARRI (Respected)
- Drama: People Wo Help Us
- Topic: People Who Help Us ‘Profile Posters’
- French: ‘My name is…….’
- This week we enjoyed our outdoor Loose Parts Play!
- We also made our class Christmas card
- Mrs Imrie also helped us with our learning again
- We have displayed our ‘People Who Help Us’ artwork in class
- We have enjoyed being outside for our Loose Parts Play this week.
- We made our class Christmas card design.
- We had fun exploring information about climate change and what we can do to help the planet.
Looking forward to next week
- October Holiday – Please enjoy a well-earned break!
- When we return, we will be writing about fun things we did in the ‘October Holiday’.
- Please feel free to provide one photo to support this piece of writing
- After the October Break we will be adding ‘Hold the Sentence’ to our Wednesday morning dictation
- There will be no reading book sent home the first week back – we will do reading in class
- There will also be no new sound this week – we will use this week to revise and recap
Extra Information/ polite reminders
- Home-learning: In Primary 2 we do not send home ‘homework’. If you would like to do a little extra at home, that’s great! Please feel free to use the information in the blog to revise Literacy or Numeracy. There is no pressure to do so or to hand anything back into class.
- Please remember to keep reading books at home Mon to Wed – returning them to school on Thursday
- As the weather is getting cooler, please ensure your child comes to school in an appropriate coat.
- A little reminder that the first group doesn’t begin until 8:35 in the morning and time before that the adults may be working, or not in the room.
- As requested, the Tricky Words from block 1 to block 8:
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to catch us at the door at the beginning/end of the day (this isn’t always possible as teachers may be having their ‘non- class contact time’ at this time)
Thanks for your continued help and support.
We hope you enjoy a lovely, safe and relaxing break! Have fun and makes lots of awesome memories!
The P2 Team 😊