Welcome back! We hope you all had a lovely October break.
This has been a short week however it has been a busy one.
We have welcomed Miss Haggo (PGDE student) to our class.
We have had the opportunity to play for the first time with the big wooden blocks. Amazing team work and problem solving skills!
This week we learned a new initial sound: d. We have learned a new tricky word: to
We have continued to work on making words and reading CVC words ( and texts for some).
We had a great theme ‘Splashing in wellies’. Look at our fantastic stories!
As we have noticed that most children they find tricky to write the numbers correctly we have focused on writing numbers from 1 to 5.
Home learning ideas
- To practice fine motor skills, use pegs, do and undo buttons, play with playdough, etc.
- Make words using the sounds from the cards.
- Find words that start with a given sound (from the ones we have been working on).
- Read a story with your child every day (if possible) and chat about the book.
- Rhyming games.
- Practice writing numbers.
We have been working on number bonds/ number pairs of 10 ( some have worked on number bonds of number 20). We have learned what a number switch is ( you can swap numbers around and still get the same answer when you add. e.g. 8+2=2+8)
- Practice number formation numbers 0 to 5: you don’t need to use a pencil, you can use flour, water and a paint brush, make the number with chalk and your child can trace it over with a car, etc.
- See if you can remember all the combinations of two numbers that can make ten.
- We have been playing this game in class:
(Choose number bonds button and then make ten tab)
We have started to work on our new topic ‘People who help us’. We had a great discussion about this.
If you think that you could contribute to this topic we would love to hear from you.
We looked for objects with a given sound and some of us found the letters that make that sound on the playground!
Things to remember
- PE days are now Mondays and Thursdays.
- Please remember to check the weather forecast so your child comes appropriately dressed for outdoor time.
- Remember to label all your child’s items.
- Check your child’s purple folder regularly as we send weekly literacy sheets with the sounds that we have been working on.
- Please remember to arrive on time to drop off and collect your child. Any changes should be approved by the SLT.
- Mrs de Bonrostro’s group: Drop off 8.45 – Pick up 2.45 (Friday 12.15)
- Mrs Cross’ group: Drop off 8.50- Pick up 2.50 (Friday 12.20)
Late arrivals and collections should go to the school office.
Thank you for your continued support.
Have a lovely weekend!
Mrs Cross and Mrs de Bonrostro