- Sound of the week: igh
- Dictation: light, night, fight, right, might, sight, tight
- Hold the sentence: At night I turn on my bright light
- Tricky Words: revision of all
- Writing “Active”
- Our writing ‘Star Steps’ for Term 1 are:
- Capital letters
- Finger spaces
- Full stops
- Sometimes learners will also receive an individual Star Step to support their learning
- Handwriting – cursive and pre-cursive writing practice. This includes drawing, colouring in and cutting to promote hand strength and pencil control.
- Reading/Literacy activities in class
- Reading out loud with our reading group
- BEAR Time: Be Excited About Reading (independent reading time)
- Spelling games to practice the long words in our books
- Completing a book review – this helps us to develop critical thinking skills
- We are also enjoying listening to and reading poetry.
- Continuing to explore Subtraction
- PACE subtraction challenge
- Exploring pattern
- Finger painting repeating patterns
- Exploring what things can show patterns: colours, numbers, shapes
- We put members of our class into different patterns: blond hair/brown hair, shorts/tights, purple tops/grey tops
- We have moved on from telling the time – we will return to this in Term 3
Other Curricular Areas
- RSHP: General Friendship focus –exploring making new friends in class
- Health and Well-being: Respected (writing)
- PE – Yoga and fitness – we now have access to the hall for PE once per week
- PE in the hall – ball skills
- French: Colours
Let’s talk learning!
- Tell me about the new friend you played ‘Dots and Boxes’ with
- Teach me how to play ‘Dots and Boxes’
- Can you tell me/or write any words with the ‘igh’ sound?
- Can you name any of the colours in French?
- Why do people wear poppies and have a 2 minute silence on 11th November every year?
- Art – on Tuesday we created ‘Autumn Art’ with Mr Campbell
- Poetry – Last week we wrote a ‘nonsense’ poem about being in Primary 2, we even made it rhyme! This week we have illustrated the poem
- Then we picked our favourite line from the poem and drew a matching picture
- We hope you enjoy seeing some examples………
- We also created some poppy art and took time to remember why its important to show our respect
- Poetry – This week we had a go at an acrostic poem for ‘FRIEND’. We discussed different ideas and then the children worked in pairs to create their own.
- We looked at how to be resilient. This included different emotions we may feel and how we could react and cope with them.
- We enjoyed creating poppies after discussing the importance of showing our respect and remembering the soldiers who have lost their lives. We also took part in the two minute silence.
Looking forward to next week
- Our new sound will be: -y
- Our writing will be titled ‘Respected’ – linking with Health and Wellbeing.
- We will continue to explore pattern
Extra Information/ polite reminders
- Home-learning: if you are keen to do a little extra at home the areas you could support in are; reading, tricky words and dictation
- Please remember to keep reading books at home Mon to Wed – returning them to school on Thursday
- As the weather is getting cooler, please ensure your child comes to school in an appropriate coat.
- A little reminder that it is important to bring your children to school for their given time (P2M 8:45, P2L 8:55) so that we can begin our learning as soon as possible.
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to, catch us at the door at the beginning/end of the day.
Thanks for your continued help and support.
We hope you enjoy a lovely weekend!
The P2 Team 😊