We hope you all had a great week. We had a fantastic week full of learning.
This week we have been working on the single sounds f and u and the new tricky words that we have learned are me and is. We have worked hard on our tricky words and read some reading books.
This week our writing theme was ‘The umbrella’. We are becoming confident about writing some sounds and tricky words.
At handwriting we have been practising ‘castle turrets’
This week we have continued to work on our numeracy skills through SEAL and we have started to work on pattern.
We read the story of ‘The leaf man’ and created our own people with leaves and stones.
After learning about Diwali last week we created our rangolis which was a fantastic opportunity to think about patterns and symmetry.
We have continued to work on our throwing and catching skills as well as following instructions. We are enjoying using our gym hall every week.
We have been singing with Mrs Cross.
Yesterday we commemorated Remembrance day.
Home learning ideas
- Work on pattern: look for patterns around your house and outdoors. Create your patterns using different items: you could start a pattern and ask your child to continue it or ask your child to create their own pattern.
- You could use this website and increase the difficulty as your child becomes more confident
- Work on creating words using the new sounds and the tricky words that have gone home on the home learning sheet purple folder today.
- Encourage mark making indoors and outdoors. You could ask your child to help you to make the shopping list ( some sounds, words, draw, etc).
- Read books to your child everyday if you can!
- Enjoy outdoors as much as possible.
- Children in Need: we will be having a ‘wear yellow and spots day’ on Friday 19th November.
- Drop off and collection times:
– Group 1: 8.45 – 2.45.
– Group 2: 8.50 – 2.50
Thank you for your continued support!
Have a great weekend.
Mrs Cross, Mrs de Bonrostro and Miss Haggo.