- Sound of the week: -oa
- Dictation: goat, road, soap, boat, coat, throat
- Hold the sentence: I went on a boat with a goat.
- Tricky Words: revision of all
- Writing “Responsible”
- Our writing ‘Star Steps’ for Term 1 are:
- Capital letters
- Finger spaces
- Full stops
- Sometimes learners will also receive an individual Star Step to support their learning
- Handwriting – cursive and pre-cursive writing practice. This includes drawing, colouring in and cutting to promote hand strength and pencil control.
- Reading/Literacy activities in class
- Reading comprehension and instruction activities as a whole class and in our groups.
- Reading out loud with our reading group
- BEAR Time: Be Excited About Reading (independent reading time)
- Spelling games to practice the long words in our books
- Completing a book review – this helps us to develop critical thinking skills
- We are also enjoying listening to and reading poetry.
- Continuing to explore Subtraction
- PACE subtraction challenge – final PACE subtraction challenge. We will move on to an addition next week.
- Place value assessments
- Discussing place value and the importance of where the numbers are (tens and ones).
- Place value – ordering 2-digits numbers
- We have moved on from telling the time – we will return to this in Term 3
Other Curricular Areas
- RSHP: Anti-bullying posters.
- Health and Well-being: Mindfulness- we enjoyed joining in with some mindfulness techniques demonstrated by Dr Ranj.
- PE – Yoga and fitness – we now have access to the hall for PE once per week
- PE in the hall – ball skills
- French: Colours and Months of the year
Let’s talk learning!
- Tell me about positive behaviours and bullying behaviours.
- (Write down a two digit number) Can you tell me which number is the 10’s and which is the ones.
- What words can you tell me with the ‘oa’ sound?
- Can you tell me a colour in French?
- This week we have introduced a ‘Worry Wall’. Learners can put any worries they may have on a post-it, then stick it to the worry wall (with or without a name). We will then have a class chat (no name) or 1 to 1 chat (with name) about the worry…….
- This week we continued to explore ball skills – we used hockey sticks to help us develop our skills……….
- It has been a lovely week of learning in Ladybirds. All of the children have tried super hard on their final subtraction PACE challenge. We will move on to an addition PACE next week.
- Ladybirds enjoyed practising their throwing and catching skills in P.E this week.
- We had a go at working in teams to solve a maths mystery using our addition and subtraction skills.
- We completed our Pudsey colouring challenge which has been handed in for a winner to be picked!
- We have enjoyed doing a drawing tutorial this week – this was great for concentration, following instructions and fine motor skills- it was also lots of fun!
- Some of the children have spent time during learning through play constructing some brilliant creations in the brick area…
Looking forward to next week
- Our new sound will be: “ow” (show, flow etc)
- Our writing will be titled ‘Included’ – linking with Health and Wellbeing.
- We will continue with place value.
Extra Information/ polite reminders
- A little reminder about starting times (P2M 8:45, P2L 8:55). The doors won’t be opened until the allocated time, as adults are not always in the classrooms at this time, please do not leave children to wait on their own for the doors to be opened.
- Home-learning: if you are keen to do a little extra at home the areas you could support in are; reading, tricky words and dictation
- Please remember to keep reading books at home Mon to Wed – returning them to school on Thursday
- As the weather is getting cooler, please ensure your child comes to school in an appropriate coat.
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to, catch us at the door at the beginning/end of the day.
Thanks for your continued help and support.
We hope you enjoy a lovely weekend!
The P2 Team 😊