- Sound of the week: “oo”
- Dictation: food, book, wood, moon, tooth,shook.
- Hold the sentence: I like to read my book.
- Tricky Words: revision of all
- Writing “Christmas Time”
- Our writing ‘Star Steps’ for Term 1 are:
- Capital letters
- Finger spaces
- Full stops
- Sometimes learners will also receive an individual Star Step to support their learning
- Handwriting – cursive and pre-cursive writing practice. This includes drawing, colouring in and cutting to promote hand strength and pencil control.
- Reading/Literacy activities in class
- Reading comprehension and instruction activities as a whole class and in our groups.
- Reading out loud with our reading group
- BEAR Time: Be Excited About Reading (independent reading time)
- Spelling games to practice the long words in our books
- Completing a book review – this helps us to develop critical thinking skills
- Revisiting addition.
- PACE addition challenge
- Place value
- Discussing place value and the importance of where the numbers are (tens and ones).
Other Curricular Areas
- PE – Yoga and fitness – we now have access to the hall for PE once per week
- PE in the hall didn’t go ahead this week as the hall was being used for Christmas parties.
- Winter art: This is now displayed in our windows for you to enjoy!
- Fine Motor Skills – lots of learners are enjoying following step by step drawing instructions.
Let’s talk learning!
- Tell me about the different types of recycling bins you are getting at school.
- What words can you tell me with the ‘oo’ sound?
- Can you write some ‘oo’ words?
- What happens to numbers when we to addition? What happens to numbers when we do subtractions?
This week we have missed Miss McGhee and hope to see her on Monday 😊
- Mog’s had lots of fun at their Christmas party on Wednesday!
- This week Mog’s have been getting creative with the blocks…
- They have enjoyed following instructions to make snowflakes during learning through play.
- They all look great in their Christmas jumpers for Save the Children Christmas jumper day…
We have had a fun filled week in Ladybirds…
- On Monday we got creative with some more winter art…
- Our Christmas party on Tuesday was lots of fun…
- We enjoyed getting outside on Wednesday afternoon for Loose Parts play…
- Finishing off our week with Christmas jumper day to raise awareness and money for the Save the Children charity…
Looking forward to next week
- We will be having lots of festive fun!
- Christmas movie day
- Christmas sing along
- Christmas crafts
- And lots more…
Extra Information/ polite reminders
- Learning Stories – Thank you to all who have commented, and returned, these! If you haven’t returned yet please do so on Monday 😊
- A little reminder about starting times (P2M 8:45, P2L 8:55). Please wait on the playground with your children until the doors are opened to avoid congestion. The doors won’t be opened until the allocated time, as adults are not always in the classrooms at this time.
- Home-learning: if you are keen to do a little extra at home the areas you could support in are; reading, tricky words and dictation
- Reading books will not be sent out next week.
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to, catch us at the door at the beginning/end of the day.
Thanks for your continued help and support.
We hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
The P2 Team 😊