Hello and Happy Friday!
- Sound of the week: “ow”
- Dictation: cow, bow, now, how, down, town
- Hold the sentence: The cow can run down town.
- Tricky Words: revision of all (spelling)
- Writing “February Holiday”.
- Writing: using commas to write a list
- Our writing ‘Star Steps’ for Term 2 are:
- Capital letters, finger spaces, full stops (non-negotiables)
- Using different types of punctuation
- Using commas/bullet points
- Sometimes learners will also receive an individual Star Step to support their learning
- Handwriting – assessment of cursive letter formation
- Handwriting – cursive and pre-cursive writing practice. This includes drawing, colouring in and cutting to promote hand strength and pencil control.
- ORT books
- Reading/Literacy activities in class
- Spelling – games linked words from reading books
- Reading out loud to the whole class (choice activity)
- Completing a book review – this helps us to develop critical thinking skills
- Reading our writing to the whole class (choice activity)
- Revision of subtraction strategies
- PACE multiplication challenge
- Counting in 2s
- Multiplication (2 Times Table)
- Money – value of coins and adding coins together
- Money – giving change (using subtraction)
- Money – role play
Other Curricular Areas
- PE: Yoga and Gymnastics skills- we now have access to the hall for PE once per week
- Gymnastics – we are starting with balancing skills
- Health and Well-being: Friendships
- Art – our focus this term is art inspired by Monet. This week we explored landscapes at different times of the day – looking at how the colours change
- Health and Well-being: P2 are now doing the ‘Daily Mile’. This is our second week – we are really enjoying. The Daily Mile does not make up part of our PE time. doing our mile after lunch time and it gets us ready for learning in the afternoon
- RSHP – Private and PANTS rule.
Let’s talk learning!
- Can you tell me some words with the ‘ow’ sound
- Can you tell me the ‘PANTS’ rule?
- P2M – what can you tell me about landscapes at different times of the day?
- P2L – Can you give me a fact about the solar system?
- P2L What can you tell me about being safe online?
Word(le) of the Week!
- This link will take you to a P2 Wordle for you to play!
- Clue – it has our sound of the week. Good luck……..
- An in class assessment of ‘Tricky Words’ was carried out this week. Children were given a sheet with their individual progress – please use this sheet to practice reading/writing tricky words at home.
- This week P2M explored landscapes – this is linked to our Term 2 art topic ‘Monet’. We explored how the same landscape can look different at different times of the day (sunrise, sunset and night)
- On Monday we had an RSHP lesson which was about privacy. We talked about the PANTS (NSPCC) rule and designed our own pants too! You can explore this at home, if you would like to: https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/underwear-rule/
- On Monday we found out about the solar system and made posters with a fact we had found out.
- We celebrated “Safer Internet Day 2022” on Tuesday and read Digiduck and the Magic Castle which taught us about how to safely play games online.
Looking forward to next week
Enjoy a well-earned break – have fun and make lots of new memories. Please feel free to bring one photo to school on the first day back to share at Circle Time!
After the holidays
- New sound: au (haul)
- Hold the sentence
- Writing – what we did during the school holiday
- Reading: ORT books
- Numeracy: PACE challenge (2 times table)
- Numeracy: subtraction and multiplication
- Numeracy: 5 times table
- Maths: Money – giving change
- Health and well-being: friendships
- Art – landscapes
- TWOSDAY – on the first Tuesday after the holiday it is Twosday (22.02.2022). We plan to celebrate by doing 2s activities. Here is some extra information so you can join in and have some fun!
Extra Information/ polite reminders
- A little reminder that both P2 classes use the Class Blog to share learning – we will not be posting on Teams. Our understanding is that classes were added to Teams in case you have to learn from home/isolate – learning will not be posted by the class teacher on a daily basis as we are in class.
- It would be helpful if all children could have a change of clothes at school – especially when the weather is wet and the playground is muddy
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to, catch us at the door at the beginning/end of the day.
Thanks for your continued help and support.
We hope you all have a lovely February Break!
The P2 Team 😊