Thank you for all your support and effort with our request for photos from the February break – we really appreciate it!
- Sound of the week: “au”
- Dictation: fault, vault, Paul, haul, launch, Laura
- Hold the sentence: It was Paul’s fault the rocket did not launch.
- Tricky Words: review of current block (reading)
- Tricky Words: spelling
- Writing “February Holiday”.
- Writing: using commas to write a list
- Our writing ‘Star Steps’ for Term 2 are:
- Capital letters, finger spaces, full stops (non-negotiables)
- Using different types of punctuation
- Using commas/bullet points
- Sometimes learners will also receive an individual Star Step to support their learning
- Handwriting – assessment of cursive letter formation
- Handwriting – cursive and pre-cursive writing practice. This includes drawing, colouring in and cutting to promote hand strength and pencil control.
- ORT books
- Reading/Literacy activities in class
- Book Quiz – comprehension questions linked to book
- Completing a book review – this helps us to develop critical thinking skills
- Reading our writing to the whole class (choice activity)
- Revision of subtraction strategies
- PACE multiplication challenge
- Counting in 2s
- Multiplication (5 Times Table)
- Money – giving change (using subtraction)
- SEAL – sharing equal amounts
Other Curricular Areas
- PE: Yoga and ball skills- we now have access to the hall for PE once per week
- Art – our focus this term is art inspired by Monet. This week we explored landscapes at different times of the day – looking at how the colours change
- Health and Well-being: P2 are now doing the ‘Daily Mile’. Daily Mile does not make up part of our PE time.
- Health and Well-being – Friendships and Acts of Kindness
- Science – this week we have explored animals and habitats
Let’s talk learning!
- Can you tell me some words with the ‘au’ sound
- Can you count in 5s?
- Can you count in 2s?
- P2L can you tell me about the Fair Trade Logo?
- Tell me about the PACE challenge
Word(le) of the Week!
- This link will take you to a P2 Wordle for you to play!
- Clue – it has our sound of the week. Good luck……..
- This week P2M explored landscapes with water colours – this is linked to our term 2 art topic ‘Monet’. We explored how the same landscape can look different at different times of the day (sunrise, sunset and night). We used our pencil drawing as a plan to recreate the same landscape with water colours………
- We also have a new role play area – we have had lots of fun in our class restaurant……
- Using items such as corks, pegs, pasta, curtain hoops, stones and dominoes allows the children to use their imaginations and be creative! Role play areas also support the children to explore literacy, numeracy, communication and teamwork.
- This week, as part of Fairtrade Fortnight, Ladybirds explored what the Fairtrade logo means and why it is on some foods.
- We created some lovely black pen drawings for our display “Get Active”.
- Thank you to those who sent in photos from the holiday – I have used them in a class display 😊
- This week we added some dressing up and puppets into our role play area and the children have had lots of fun dressing up!
Looking forward to next week
- New sound: aw (saw)
- Hold the sentence
- Reading: ORT books
- Numeracy: PACE challenge (2 times table)
- Numeracy: subtraction and multiplication
- Numeracy: 5 times table
- Maths: information handling
- Health and well-being: friendships
Extra Information/ polite reminders
- Dental Nurses will be visiting P2 on the 15th March
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to, catch us at the door at the beginning/end of the day.
Thanks for your continued help and support. We hope you all have a lovely weekend,
The P2 Team 😊