Happy Holidays!! 😊 The children have all worked really hard so I hope that they all have a lovely and very well deserved holiday!
Independent Learning –
Some of our independent learning through play this week. Here are some of the highlights.
- Our new sounds this week were sl and sk. We enjoyed colouring in sloths, playing with slime, seeing who could build the tallest skyscraper and skipping.
- We revised our Block 1 and 2 Tricky words this week.
- Our topic this week was “My dot is a .” We painted a dot using a pom pom. We then used our imaginations to turn our dot into anything we wanted and then described it. The children had some great ideas which can be seen below.
- We focused on the letters s and k this week.
- During reading time this week we have had a special focus on reading some of our favourite children’s books. We have enjoyed listening listening to a variety of texts and answering some comprehension questions around character and plot. We have also enjoyed sharing what we have enjoyed about our stories.
- We have continued to work on directions with Mrs Haynes this week.
- We have continued with our SEAL programme.
- Numeral recognition to 10.
- Counting items in two collections. Up to 20.
- Saying the next number word forwards and backwards to 10.
- Making auditory patterns to match spatial patterns
- Copying and counting arhythmical sequences and sounds.
- Using finger patterns to keep track of temporal sequences of sound.
- Numeral Identification to 100.
- Number bonds to 10.
- Forward Number Sequences to 30.
- Short backwards number sequences from 30.
- Numeral Recognition to 20.
- Building visible arrays.
- Counting on and counting back strategies.
- Describing equal shares.
- Partitioning visual patterns to 10.
- Counting items in two screened collections.
- Organising equal groups.
Other Curricular Areas:
- In Outdoor PE we enjoyed developing our jumping skills and playing some listening and team games.
- In Indoor PE we continued with our focus on balance and gymnastics
- We enjoyed learning an Easter song – Hop,bunnies, hop.
- We learned about the Easter story and the various ways Easter is celebrated around the world.
- We enjoyed learning about Ramadan and its importance within the Islamic Faith.
- We made a variety of Easter crafts this week. Have a look at our wonderful Easter egg window display! We also painted Easter eggs and made baskets to keep them safe in.
- We had a great Loose Parts Session in the sunshine.
- In Outdoor Learning we had an Easter hunt. We pretended to be bunnies and hunted for carrots in our playground. The winning group was the one who found the special golden carrots and the most most ordinary carrots!
- We took part in our whole school Fundraising for Ukraine Campaign organised by Primary 7. We dressed up in yellow and blue, took part in a design a minion competition and guessed the teddy bear’s birthday.
- We have really enjoyed being able to spend more time with P1CD – watching Assembly altogether and doing Outdoor Learning together.
Important Information –
- Today children will take home their indoor shoes and change of clothes so they can be checked for fit.
Start and Finish Times after the holidays:
- 8:50 (Monday to Friday). Door opens at 8:50 and closes at 8:55.
- If you are late after the door closes please take your child to the main entrance of the school. In the interest of pupil safety please do not open the classroom door.
- Monday to Thursday 2.55. Door closes at 3:00.
- Friday 12:15. Door closes at 12:20. If the door is closed by the time you arrive to collect your child please go to reception.
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to, catch us at the door at the beginning/end of the day.
Thanks for your continued help and support. We hope that you all have a wonderful and relaxing Easter Holiday full of lots of fun.