Hello and Happy Friday!
We’ve enjoyed hearing about the children’s long weekends this week!
- Sounds revision week: br, cr, dr, fr, pr, tr, bl, cl, fl, gl, pl, sl
- Dictation: brush, crab, drum, frog, pram, trot, black, cloth, flick, glad, plop, slip
- Hold the sentence: “My frog can play a drum”
- Dictation/Hold the Sentence: we have started marking our own learning using ‘Pink of Think and Green for Great’. This is a fantastic way for learners to reflect on their progress and receive immediate feedback. You’ll be able to see this in your child’s Learning Story!
- Writing: The Long Weekend – this was an independent piece of writing
- Our writing ‘Star Steps’ for Term 3 are:
- Capital letters, finger spaces, full stops (non-negotiables)
- Using different types of punctuation
- Using exclamation marks/question marks
- Sometimes learners will also receive an individual Star Step to support their learning
- Handwriting – ascenders and descenders
- Reading assessment week – new books will come home on Monday 9th May
- Counting in 3s/3 Times Table
Other Curricular Areas
- P2M PE: throwing and catching games, tig, fitness
- P2L PE: team games, yoga and fitness
- Health and Well-being: continuing with the daily mile
- Health and Well-being: Wellbeing Webs
Let’s talk learning!
- Can you tell me what a Wellbeing Web is?
- Can you count in 3s?
- Can you tell me about ‘Pink for Think and Green for Great’?
- This term our Topic is: Looking After Plants and Animals. Over the next few weeks, we will explore this topic and we will also plan to do an individual presentation to the class. We are looking forward to seeing the learners present and share their learning! More information will follow nearer the time
- P2M are enjoying marking their own learning ‘Pink for Think’ and/or ‘Green for Great’. Here is an example……
- This term our Topic is: Looking After Plants and Animals. Over the next few weeks, we will explore this topic and we will also plan to do an individual presentation to the class. We are looking forward to seeing the learners present and share their learning! More information will follow nearer the time.
Looking forward to next week
- New Sounds
- Hold the sentence
- Writing: Poems
- Reading Groups
- Numeracy: 3 Times Table
- Maths: Measure and Estimating
- Health and well-being: Emotions
- PE – Sport’s Day Focus
Extra Information/ polite reminders
In the morning, P2 doors open at 08.50 and will close at 08.55. If the doors are closed when you arrive, please go with your child to the office door (please don’t knock on the classroom door to be let in). We ask you to do this, so your child is registered properly, in case of any emergencies. Thank you for your support and understanding.
Please can we ask all learners to have a pair of indoor shoes and a spare set of clothes to keep at school – thank you
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to, catch us at the door at the beginning/end of the day.
Thanks for your continued help and support. See you on Monday!
The P2 Team 😊