Hello and Happy Friday!
This week we have enjoyed lots of new and exciting activities to celebrate Health Week. Here are some examples of what we been doing………
- Sports Day
- Class Health Week Display ‘I feel I Belong When……..’
- Simon Says Dance
- Tiny Medics
- Whole School Keep Fit
- New Sounds: Final Blends – rk, nd, st, mp, lt, sk
- Dictation: bark, sand, vest, bump, wilt, whisk
- Hold the sentence: I was at the park with my friend.
- Dictation/Hold the Sentence: we are marking our own learning using ‘Pink of Think and Green for Great’. This is a fantastic way for learners to reflect on their progress and receive immediate feedback.
- Writing (Poems): ‘Health’
- Our writing ‘Star Steps’ for Term 3 are:
- Capital letters, finger spaces, full stops (non-negotiables)
- Use connectives
- Use contractions
- Sometimes learners will also receive an individual Star Step to support their learning
- Handwriting – ascenders and descenders
- New reading books were sent home on Monday
- Counting in 3s/3 Times Table
- PACE challenge: counting in 3s
Other Curricular Areas
- PE: Dancing, Athletics, Sports Day, Yoga, Whole School Keep Fit and 5 a Day Fitness
- Health and Well-being: Daily Mile
- Health and Well-being: Emotions
- Topic “Looking After Plants and Animals”: planting tomato seeds
The Learners in P2 have planted their very own tomato seeds at school as part of Health Week and our class topic, Looking After Plants and Animals. Each child was also given a ‘Tomato Grow Chart’ to keep at home. Step 8 directs your child to bring any tomatoes that have grown back to school – at this stage please keep your tomatoes at home and continue to follow and enjoy the rest of the steps! We have other tomato plants at school to continue/complete the journey (all going well with the growing process!) We will keep you up to date via the class blog with which step we are on in class.
- Tomato Grow Chart: steps 1 and 2 achieved. Don’t forget at add stickers 1 and 2 to your chart!
Let’s talk learning!
- What did you like most about Health Week?
- Can you show me a move from Simons Says Dance?
- Can you tell me the steps of planting a tomato seed?
- Can you tell me some of your dictation words?
- What were your 6 sounds this week?
Some photos of P2M enjoying Tiny Medics…….
P2M Enjoying Athletics in the sunshine……….
Tasting home school-made vegetable soup………
P2L enjoying Tiny Medics…
They had lots of fun doing athletics…
They made some delicious vegetable soup…
Looking forward to next week
- New Sounds
- Hold the sentence
- Writing: Poems
- Reading – Non-fiction books will come home this week. These are directly linked to the ORT stage your child is currently working on.
- Numeracy: 3 Times Table
- Numeracy: PACE challenge
- Maths: Measure and Estimating
Extra Information/ polite reminders
Please can all children have a pair of indoor shoes to keep at school – this helps us to keep the carpet in the classroom dry and clean. Thank you!
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to, catch us at the door at the beginning/end of the day.
Thanks for your continued help and support. Have a lovely weekend, see you all on Monday!
The P2 Team 😊