Hello and Happy Friday!
This week has been another busy week of learning and fun, here is a little of what we have been doing…….
- New Sounds: Final Blends – sp, ft, lk, nt, ng, nk
- Dictation: wasp, soft, milk, hunt, bang, chunk
- Hold the sentence: I bang my drum and sing my song.
- Dictation/Hold the Sentence: we are marking our own learning using ‘Pink for Think and Green for Great’. This is a fantastic way for learners to reflect on their progress and receive immediate feedback.
- Writing (Poems): This week we focussed on rhyming
- Our writing ‘Star Steps’ for Term 3 are:
- Capital letters, finger spaces, full stops (non-negotiables)
- Use connectives
- Use contractions
- Sometimes learners will also receive an individual Star Step to support their learning
- Handwriting – letter size/formation control
- New reading books were sent home on Monday
- This week we explored non-fiction books
- The colour code for the non-fiction book is directly linked to the ORT level your child is currently working on
- Counting in 3s/3 Times Table
- PACE challenge: counting in 3s
- Measure (length)
- Non-standard units (hands and feet)
- Standard units (cms)
- Using a ruler
Other Curricular Areas
- PE: Fitness and Yoga
- Health and Well-being: Daily Mile
- Health and Well-being: Meditation. This week the children have enjoyed Bubble Mediation. Here is the link for you to relax too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEuFi9PxKuo
- Health and Well-being: Emotions
- RSHP/Topic: Life Cycles
- On Monday can learners please bring a recycled plant pot to re-pot their tomato plant. Please use the bottom of a plastic bottle or milk carton!
- Recycled pots – it would be very helpful if pots could come into school with your child’s name. Please feel free to decorate your pots!
- Once we have re-potted the plants they will be coming home, and we will achieve stickers 3 and 4!
- Tomato Grow Chart: steps 1 and 2 achieved. Don’t forget at add stickers 1 and 2 to your chart!
Let’s talk learning!
- Can you tell me some of your dictation words?
- What were your 6 sounds this week?
- Can you show me how to draw a line using a ruler?
- Can you explain a ‘Life Cycle’?
- This week we have started to explore ‘contraction’ words. Words we have covered are:
- I am = I’m
- Do not = don’t
- Is not = isn’t
- There is = there’s
- Cannot = can’t
- P2L joined us for PE in the hall on Thursday. We had a great time joining in with a fitness video on the big screen……….
- We had fun looking at the life cycles of butterflies and frogs……..
- Having fun and keeping fit with P2M……..
- We had fun looking at the life cycles of butterflies and frogs………
Looking forward to next week
- New Sounds: Magic e (a,e,i)
- Hold the sentence
- Writing: Poems
- Reading – Due to only being in school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday no book will be coming home this week. We will cover reading in class.
- Numeracy: 3 Times Table
- Numeracy: PACE challenge
- Maths: Measure and Estimating
- The Queen’s Jubilee Celebrations!
Extra Information/ polite reminders
Please can all children have a pair of indoor shoes to keep at school – this helps us to keep the carpet in the classroom dry and clean. Thank you!
If possible, we would be grateful for a few more boxes of tissues – just to get us to the end of Term 3. Thanks!
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to, catch us at the door at the beginning/end of the day.
Thanks for your continued help and support. Have a lovely weekend, see you all on Monday!
The P2 Team 😊