Good morning everyone!
What a great week we had!
Meet the teacher was a special day and we were all very excited about it. We had the opportunity to see our new classroom and chat to our P2 teacher.
Our sounds this week were the consonant blends nk and mp. Our tricky words should and could.
Our prompt for writing this week was our favourite pizza.
Our focus has been fractions: half, half and amount. We have a special activity were we made ‘pizza’ topping two halves of it with different ingredients. We made pizzas outdoors too!
Music: We had our YMI music session with Malcolm. We loved it!
PE We have been working on ball control with our feet and yoga on Thursday.
Talk about my learning
- Ask me how I know something is a half of a whole thing.
- Ask me what did I build at Loose parts.
- Ask me about the tricky words this week. What is the same about them and what is different.
Supporting reading development at home
- Reading to/with your child (avoiding Oxford Reading tree texts please)
- Vocabulary development.
- Print Awareness – print in the environment- ‘reading’ signs & cereal packets etc
- Narrative Skills – retelling familiar stories in their own words
- Letter Knowledge -recognising the written letters in a variety of fonts
- Phonological Awareness – do these sound the same/different? exploring rhyme etc
- Blending/word building – using the sounds we know to decode or build words –
- Edinburgh School Uniform Bank We would greatly appreciate donations of new plain white school polo shirts in any size from age 5-13 or school socks of any size. These can be bought from most supermarkets this term. Please send any donations to school with your child by Friday 24th June.
- This week is our last week that reading books will be sent home. Please return all reading books home by the end of next week if you still have reading books at home.
- Loose Parts on Wednesday 22nd June.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Mrs Cross and Mrs de Bonrostro