Hello and Happy Friday
We can’t believe next week is the last week of P2!
- Sounds – revision week
- Dictation (revision week): cape, bite, hope, tube, Pete, giant, face, gem, city, pencil
- Hold the sentence: I’m going to the city with Pete the giant
- Dictation/Hold the Sentence: this week we marked each other’s dictation using ‘Pink of Think and Green for Great’. This is a fantastic way for learners to reflect on their progress and receive immediate feedback.
- Writing: My Favourite Things About P2 – this piece of writing was sent home
- Our writing ‘Star Steps’ for Term 3 are:
- Capital letters, finger spaces, full stops (non-negotiables)
- Use connectives
- Use contractions
- Sometimes learners will also receive an individual Star Step to support their learning
- Handwriting – letter size/formation control
- ORT book
- BEAR Time
- In class activities
- Book review
- Counting in 3s/3 Times Table
- PACE challenge: counting in 3s
- Fractions – whole, halves, quarters, thirds
- Fractions – whole class, independent and pairs learning
Other Curricular Areas
- PE: Fitness, Games and Yoga
- Health and Well-being: Daily Mile
- Health and Well-being: Calm Time
- Topic: RSHP ‘Looking After Plants and Animals’
- Topic: Presentations
- Social Studies: Oxgangs Library Visitor
- Social Studies: I Love My Bus
Let’s talk learning!
- Can you tell me about the Summer Reading Challenge? Would you like to join in?
- Can you tell me about riding the bus for free?
- Can you tell me the benefits of taking the bus?
- Tell me how you did with your presentation!
P2M did an amazing job with their presentations and posters (thank you very much for all your help and support with these at home – they are awesome!). All children spoke independently and clearly, used eye contact and answered one question from their classmates – well done P2, I’m very proud of you!
Ladybirds did an amazing job with their presentations, speaking clearly, looking at their audience and answering questions. We all had so much fun listening to them and learning about some new things (me included!). Thank you so much for al of your effort and support in helping your children prepare for these, they truly were fantastic! I was so proud of all of the children for standing in front of the class and sharing their presentations so confidently! Well done P2L 😊
Looking forward to next week
- Phonics – re-cap week
- Dictation/ Hold the sentence – revision week
- Dictation/ Hold the sentence – we will be peer marking!
- Maths: Fractions
- Reading in class
- Wednesday 29th June will be our Pride Day at Buckstone – we are encouraging all children to ‘Be Yourself’ and wear rainbow colours (it doesn’t need to be the whole rainbow, just any bright colours). There is no donation aspect, it is just a chance to wear rainbow colours and raise awareness.
Wednesday 29th – P2 are invited to bring a toy from home for a fun day at school! Please don’t bring any toys that are of value or very special – children will also be responsible for looking after their toy.
Thursday 30th – P2 are welcome to bring a ‘cinema snack’ for our movie afternoon. Sadly, we cannot provide snacks in class due to the Edinburgh Council Policy 🙁
Extra Information/ polite reminders
Learning Stories – please return these to school as soon as possible. We need them back for the transition from P2 to P3, thanks.
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to, catch us at the door at the beginning/end of the day.
Thanks for your continued help and support. Have a lovely weekend, see you all on Monday for our last week of P2, eeeeeeek!
The P2 Team 😊