Hello and Happy Friday
We’ve had another fun week of learning – especially our P2 trip to Dynamic Earth!
A special thank you all the adults that helped to make our trip possible; office staff, Mrs Murray, Miss Mulholland, Mrs Lee and Mr Millar – we really apricate your time and support. Also, a massive thank you and well done to all our P2 learners – we are so proud of them, such wonderful manners and enthusiasm on the day. They represented themselves and Buckstone so well – even the Dynamic Earth staff commented on how polite and well-mannered they are!
- New Sounds: soft c and soft g
- Dictation: cent, cell, space, gem, magic, giant
- Hold the sentence: A magic giant gave me a gem and a cent.
- Dictation/Hold the Sentence: we are marking our own learning using ‘Pink of Think and Green for Great’. This is a fantastic way for learners to reflect on their progress and receive immediate feedback.
- Writing: rhyming poem about Dynamic Earth
- Writing: you’ll see this piece of writing in your child’s Learning Story
- Our writing ‘Star Steps’ for Term 3 are:
- Capital letters, finger spaces, full stops (non-negotiables)
- Use connectives
- Use contractions
- Sometimes learners will also receive an individual Star Step to support their learning
- Handwriting – letter size/formation control
- Continuing with non-fiction books
- BEAR Time
- In class activities
- Book review
- Counting in 3s/3 Times Table
- PACE challenge: counting in 3s
- Estimating – weight
- Measure – weight
Other Curricular Areas
- PE: Fitness and Yoga
- Health and Well-being: Daily Mile
- Health and Well-being: Calm Time
- Topic/RSHP – trip to Dynamic Earth
Let’s talk learning!
- Can you tell me some soft c and soft g words?
- Tell me something you learned at Dynamic Earth
- What was your favourite thing at Dynamic Earth?
Looking forward to next week
- New Sounds: adding ‘ed’ to words
- Hold the sentence
- Writing- independent rhyming poem (assessment piece)
- Reading: ORT reading books
- Numeracy: 3 Times Table
- Numeracy: PACE challenge
- Maths: Fractions
Extra Information/ polite reminders
Learning Stories were sent home on Wednesday – please take out and keep the 4-page report for your child. There is a comment sheet for you to fill in (if you would like to) and return to school.
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to, catch us at the door at the beginning/end of the day.
Thanks for your continued help and support. Have a lovely weekend, see you all on Monday!
The P2 Team 😊