P2 enjoyed recording their performance of ‘This Is Me’ – we are so proud of them, and we hope you enjoy watching it! The link is being shared with you via email. This is a secure/unlisted school YouTube channel and cannot be viewed publicly.
- Sound of the week: sc, sk, sm, sn
- Dictation: scar, skip, smash, snap, scab, skin
- Hold the sentence: “I like to jump and skip.”
- Tricky Words: review of current block (reading)
- Tricky Words: spelling
- Writing “My Dream Holiday”
- Writing: Imaginative writing
- Our writing ‘Star Steps’ for Term 2 are:
- Capital letters, finger spaces, full stops (non-negotiables)
- Using different types of punctuation
- Using exclamation marks/question marks
- Sometimes learners will also receive an individual Star Step to support their learning
- Handwriting – cursive letter formation
- Handwriting – cursive and pre-cursive writing practice. This includes drawing, colouring in and cutting to promote hand strength and pencil control.
- ORT books
- Reading/Literacy activities in class
- Completing a book review – this helps us to develop critical thinking skills
- Reading our writing to the whole class (choice activity)
- Revision of subtraction strategies
- PACE multiplication challenge
- Counting in 5s
- Multiplication (5 Times Table)
- Information Handling – Pie Charts
Other Curricular Areas
- PE: Yoga, ball skills – we now have access to the hall for PE once per week
- Health and Well-being: P2 are now doing the ‘Daily Mile’. Daily Mile does not make up part of our PE time.
- Health and Well-being – Disabilities (visible and invisible)
- Art – we enjoyed making Easter cards
- P2 have enjoyed getting together this week…
Let’s talk learning!
- Can you tell me some words with your new sounds: sc, sk, sm, sn
- Can you tell what your dream holiday was? (writing)
- Tell me about the Easter Story.
- Tell me your favourite thing about school this week
Word(le) of the Week!
- This link will take you to a P2 Wordle for you to play!
- Clue – it has one of our new sounds, good luck……..
- We enjoyed exploring the Easter story and recreating the story through drama
- We have enjoyed our new Reading programme – learners are becoming more focussed and independent
- In handwriting we have started to explore ‘descender’ letters (g, y, p, q, j)
- Happy Easter from P2M………….
- On Monday afternoon we shared the Easter story and discussed it as a class.
- We enjoyed making a pie chart about the classes favourite snacks.
- It has been lovely getting together with P2M to practise and record our performance!
- We wish you a Happy Easter…
Looking forward to after the break
- New sounds
- Hold the sentence
- Reading: there will be no books sent home this week. We will be assessing reading levels and making any changes needed.
- Reading: due to holidays on the 2nd and 3rd the next book will come home on Monday 9th May. Reading will continue in class as normal. Take this time to read and enjoy some of your child’s favourite books!
- Numeracy: PACE challenge (finish 5 times table)
- Numeracy: subtraction and multiplication
- Numeracy: introduce 3 times table
- Maths: Direction
- Health and well-being: Emotions
Extra Information/ polite reminders
After the Easter Break school will have new start and finish times:
All P2 will start at 08.50
All P2 will finish at 14.55 (12.15 on a Friday)
Please can you encourage your children to keep toys/collecting cards at home – they are becoming a distraction to learning.
We are here to help and support you, please feel free to send in any questions or concerns via office admin or if you are happy to, catch us at the door at the beginning/end of the day.
Thanks for your continued help and support. We hope you all have a lovely, safe Easter holiday!
We look forward to seeing everyone in Term 3!
The P2 Team 😊